Sennheiser HD 590 Appreciation Thread
Jun 17, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #46 of 54
  Just one, I was really referring to the society of zalman mics on wire ties for the betterment of internet gaming, or SOZMOWTFTBOIG for short.

And it looks like the replacement driver answer is 'maybe'

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/sennheiser-replacement-capsules-for-hd590-100ohm.html

Meh, Zalman mics don't really sound all that great to "better internet gaming" They sound a bit better if put closer to the mouth with a boom but still.  I can only wish that my teammates in games would use a Shure SM7B for voice chat.

Nov 23, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #49 of 54
Hi.

I am new to this site an recently purchased a pair of HD-590s.  Does anyone know if the headband cushion is replaceable and if so, thoughts on where to look (USA)?  Also, is this cushion compatible with other models and if so, which ones?

Thanks

Nov 23, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #50 of 54

You may want to start with Sennheiser's main website and then see if any retailers sell the components for the HD-590's. B&H Camera has the ear-pads and foams but I am not positive if they carry the headband cushion. Send Sennheiser a message and then go from there...

Aug 6, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #54 of 54
I need to necro this thread :D
When I started, THIS was my first proper headphone and now after ~ 20 years, perhaps more, I will revisited the HD 590.
No hopes, no expectations!

Right now and looking back (and this is making me eye water) I went from the HD 590 to the HD 800S/ HE60! away from Sennheiser to Focal and Kennerton. I want to revisit my heritage and so I will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back