Sennheiser HD 580 Back in stock at Newegg
Dec 14, 2002 at 2:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

roncri

New Head-Fier
Just to let people know, the Sennheiser HD 580's are back in stock at Newegg.com for $125.00.

-Ron

Dec 14, 2002 at 3:37 AM Post #2 of 17
I partook of this awesome bargain a month or two ago. My advice is, if you're interested, don't think about it... JUST DO IT.
biggrin.gif

It's about the history of headphones, baby!!!!
cool.gif

Dec 14, 2002 at 4:57 PM Post #4 of 17
The Newegg HD 580 special offer is only applicable to residents within the Continental U.S. And that's because Newegg - like so many U.S.-based online vendors - will only ship to the lower 48 states (and sometimes Alaska and Hawaii), but won't ship anywhere else.
tongue.gif

Dec 14, 2002 at 5:07 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle_Driver
The Newegg HD 580 special offer is only applicable to residents within the Continental U.S. And that's because Newegg - like so many U.S.-based online vendors - will only ship to the lower 48 states (and sometimes Alaska and Hawaii), but won't ship anywhere else.
tongue.gif

eh, they ship to the important parts of the US.
tongue.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
kidding, of course. But seriously, if you can get the rebate, why are you still here?

Dec 14, 2002 at 5:09 PM Post #7 of 17
hmm, though I'm tempted, I won't be getting an amp for another year or so (finance matters), and having the HD580 without an amp is just, well, wasted. Or maybe I can buy it now and put it in storage...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 22, 2002 at 4:44 AM Post #9 of 17
I just picked up a pair. If someone wants to pay me for them and pay me for shipping them, I'll send em wherever. I got references...just an idea.

Dec 22, 2002 at 5:04 AM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by roncri
Just to let people know, the Sennheiser HD 580's are back in stock at Newegg.com for $125.00.

-Ron

I'm hip man, just ordered them last week, their due Mon. But it's cool that you clued everybody in.
cool.gif

Mar 14, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #11 of 17
It's been over 10 years since I bought these headphones and consider them one of the best purchases I ever made.  Wear them 4-6 hours a day and just started having problems with the sound cutting out on one side last month.  Sennheiser has a flat rate of $150 for repair of the HD580s which means I'm going to spend $25 more to repair them than I spent to buy them brand new but still worth it.  I'm using some other cheap headphones that I picked up at Best Buy while I'm waiting for my 580s to be returned and am not enjoying the experience.

Mar 14, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #12 of 17
Holy thread resurrection.  I bought mine for ~$130 used in about 2005~06

Contact intermittency is a problem with these.  Assuming its not a cable or connector problem, your springs were probably stretched apart.  The early models did this over time.  I'm surprised yours made it 10 years.  Common solution is to bend the springs back, either that or replace the lollipop driver housing with a new one.

[EDIT]  I have a MisterX Pimeta too.  Still works great after all these years.  10 years ago a Pimeta and HD580 was a rockin' setup for very little $$

Mar 14, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #13 of 17
OK. This is longest bump I've seen to date. Previous one was 10 years. Totally worth it just to see it. 
beerchug.gif

Did you ever change the grills, &c., or was it stock till the end?

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #14 of 17
Mines changed quite a bit, blacked out, HD650 silver mesh drivers, HD650 cable... and I need a new headband cushion.
rolleyes.gif

Heres a pic from ~2006.  I owned two of these at one point.  Sold the stock one for ~$125.

Mar 15, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #15 of 17
I didn't notice the original date of the post, and so I got excited that somehow Newegg got their hands on some. My wallet breathed a sigh of relief when I realized it was a resurrection. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back