Sennheiser HD 569
Jun 21, 2018 at 9:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Sigmaaa

100+ Head-Fier
I haven't found a thread for this model, so I created one.

First of all, a few impressions.

The sound is decent. They have a somewhat accentuated bass below 80Hz compared to others in the HD5xx series, probably because of the closed back design. But it doesn't keep up for long below 80Hz, at 50Hz starts to roll off abruptly.
The midbass is a little bit bloated, but less than most headphones I know. The rest of the spectrum is pretty balanced, maybe without much extension above 10kHz, but still decent

They are low impedance, but not very sensitive, I guess. At max volume on my phone they sound very loud. On low DR tracks the max volume becomes only loud instead of very loud. It's still ok, since the HD660s on a phone is listenable with loud tracks, but on quiet tracks the max sound is of low-medium loudness and they become unusable. I was expecting at max phone volume to become too loud to listen to, but there isn't the case.

Ergonomically, they are pretty good. The pads are soft and the shapes are well thought except for the headband, which is too flat (talking about the curve of the headband, not the padding) and presses only on one point at the top of the head. The headband pad is thick and wide, so it's not a huge problem, but a design more like the HD650 shape would have been better.

They are heavy. Sennheiser doesn't give the weight specs, except for the whole box (no wonder why). The weight impact is decreased by thick padding, but they're still heavy, heavier than HD6xx series, which is 260g. HD569 seems like 300g (I don't have anything to weigh them with, but I can make an estimation compared to HD650)

The worst problem I have, and that I have with most closed back designs, is that they don't seem to have an air vent, not even a tiny one, so sometimes I feel a nasty pressure in my eardrums. I don't know what I can do to alleviate this issue. I remember having this problem with closed back AKGs and others, but not with some Sonys, which probably had some sort of a vent.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #3 of 6
Ok, one last question, I hope you can help me with this, since is more objective.
Do the HD558/559 pads fit the HD569? I noticed the HD569 earpads are almost airtight, tried blowing air through them and nothing went through, very different from the typical Senn velour pads. I'm sure I can deal with the air pressure buildup in the ears by switching the pads.

Jun 24, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #4 of 6
Yes. HD5-- series use the same pads. You can use the pads from your HD569 on your HD598 and vice versa. I got the HD558 pads for my 598 Cs.

Jun 24, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 6
I don't have these headphones, but I do know that the effect of drilling small holes in the cups is an increase in bass. Many closed headphones use small 'bass ports' to achieve deeper bass, my guess is that would be the effect.

Jun 28, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #6 of 6
I have the 569 and it's a good headphone. I hate the pads because they get warm quickly. Also the headband pressure was too much... My hd600 is much more comfortable.
The bass become more controlled after burn-in. Also the mids become more clear. Out of the box the sound was too thick and a bit dull on the high-end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back