Sennheiser HD 518 + FiiO E06 or Sennheiser HD 558 + FiiO E11
Aug 25, 2012 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

madlock

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone. I'm a new Head-Fi member and i am not an audiophille. 

I'm planing to buy new headphone and portable amp,should i buy Sennheiser HD 518 + FiiO E06  or Sennheiser HD 558 + FiiO E11 (if you have a recommedation i ll be greatful to hear them )

The price tag quite different between these team is it worth to buy hd 558 and fiio e11 ?

I ve got sansa clip+, phillips gogear also laptop.

I want to hear every detail of the song every instrument and a little bit more bass.

I listen many music type. but usually pop, pop and brit rock

i mean are there too much difference between these team.

Thanks, you expert people

Aug 25, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #2 of 3
hd558 has a significantly more amount of detail and soundstage over the hd518 i feel from what i have tested at the shop.
i remember that i was pleasantly surprised when i took off the hd518 and put on the hd558 to test to hear much more soundstage, better vocals and more detail. but a little less bass punch though (but thats ok the hd558 has good solid bass still) the fiio E6 also does improve the headphone a little,but only by boosting either bass, mids or treble (it has 3 eq settings) but i feel the fiio E11 is significantly superior. 

on side note you can do the foam mod only on the hd558 too, it will improve clarity with soundstage and reduce subbass slightly, this process is completely reversable if you like the stock configuration better. (hd558 looks sleek too)

hope this helps^^

Aug 25, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #3 of 3
HD558 +1
Technically the Fiio E6 can easily drive the HD558.
But I would say to pay the extra for the Fiio E11, the amp section should be an improved design over the E6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back