Sennheiser HD 518 + Asus Xonar DG = fun
Nov 5, 2011 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

CafeRocker

100+ Head-Fier

[size=10pt]I have been experimenting extensively with headphones and amps lately (within what I consider a reasonable price range). For headphones I've listened to Dt770 pro 80's, Samson sr850's, Audiotechnica AD700's, JVC HRX700's, and Sennheiser HD 518's. For amps I've used the JDSLabs cmoy, the JDSLabs cmoy with a Fiio D3, the Fiio E10, the JDSLabs cmoy with the Fiio E10, and the Asus Xonar DG. [/size]

[size=10pt] [/size]

[size=10pt]My favorite has emerged as the Sennheiser HD 518's with the Xonar DG. This combination just sounds terrific to me. Very very fun to listen to. It certainly isn't the most natural sound in the world, but it just makes it so easy to enjoy anything I listen to. Bass is exaggerated, but in a very fun way. Mids and highs come in under the bass, but are still very clear.[/size]

[size=10pt] [/size]

[size=10pt]The best part: I just picked up the Sennheisers for $100 and the Xonar DG for $15 after a $10 mail in rebate off amazon. Seriously, for $115, this sounds good.[/size]

Apr 8, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #2 of 2
This was the jackpot for me too, plus a smiley face EQ in Xonar's control panel with the <64 amping option. The most awesome setup I've ever got for music listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back