Sennheiser HD 449/518/558 with USB sound card.
Jun 30, 2012 at 7:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kaspars

New Head-Fier
So I've been looking to get decent headphones for some time now. At the moment I'm looking at Sennheiser HD 449, HD 518, HD 558.

I'm not really and audiophile or anything, so I don't really require the top notch tech (therefore, please don't tell me to save up and get something better, etc). I'd use them mostly for music, and a bit less for gaming/movies. I just want to get a decent performance without paying a lot of money for it.

Also - I'm planing to get a decent USB sound card or AMP, since I switch between my PC and MacBook quite often. For now I'm looking at Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Go! Pro. 

I am mostly leaning towards the HD 518's now, because I see them as more price/performance than 558's. How are the 449's compared to both previous?

I'm open to alternatives in this price range as well, for both phones and USB sound card, AMP. Thanks!

Jun 30, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 2
You're new to the forum and probably did not see this thread that exists for questions like yours:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/529144/recommendations-thread-i-e-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here-please-read-op/15885#post_8497126

Users who are viewing this thread

Back