Sennheiser HD 439 or 429?
Jan 24, 2013 at 9:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Zkratch

New Head-Fier
Hello, I have never had any Sennheiser headphones, and I've heard some great things about them. I went through their whole website and found the HD 400 series quite eye catching for my budget at $55 at the highest. I found a pair of the HD 439 cans for the price of $55 instead of the whopping retail of $100. I listen to all sorts of music (especially dance and dubstep) and wondering which pair would be better for me. I'm not a bass freak, but I do like a good kick to headbang with. I also love the design of the 439, and love how the chord is replaceable. But I'm greatly worried there's not going to be enough bass to keep my head banging. Which of two do you prefer? I listen to a lot of music, also feel free to suggest any other headphones that are portable enough and in my budget. Must be an over ear and a 3.5mm.

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #2 of 4
Go for hd439.  I had the hd429 and thought they were too bass light.  They are practically the same except the hd 439 has more bass quantity.  I guess thats a pretty good deal @ $55.

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #3 of 4
Although Sennheiser return"extended bass" but no, it doesn't have strong kick in bass as I experience with HD518. HD439 has slightly less bass compared to HD518 but it has the most bass quantity of all the 400 series. The "extended" also include bass quality. Very tight and well controlled. Do note that it is very warm sounding(which I kind of like it). The vocals does laid back a bit. I definately recommend these to you. Again, this is just my 2cents.

Billson :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back