Sennheiser HD 439 Bass rattling.
Jun 5, 2013 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

RyviusRan

New Head-Fier
I just received the Sennheiser HD 439 and have run into a little issue.
When playing certain songs with low frequency bass it will cause an annoying rattling sound.
Is there a way to get rid of this issue?
Is this normal with these headphones because I don't get this issue with the JVC HA-RX700s or AKG K81 DJs.
I haven't even tried doing the tape mod yet.

I used the quality test from this site and the very beginning and end causes rattling even at moderate volumes.
http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php
I tried the same test on my JVC HA-RX700s and even at max volume with the lower 30 and 60 frequencies set to +20db on my EQ it does not rattle at all.
I took off the pads to my HD 439s and didn't see any hairs stuck inside or anything else that could cause the rattling.
It rattles on both cups.

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #4 of 7
You mean by rattling that the drivers touch your ears?

If so, I have the exact problem and i fix it (for now) by putting cable under the pads. 

Now I'm waiting information from the supplier, if there is a pad with higher depth from 4xx series i will buy it.

Jun 7, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
You mean by rattling that the drivers touch your ears?

If so, I have the exact problem and i fix it (for now) by putting cable under the pads. 

Now I'm waiting information from the supplier, if there is a pad with higher depth from 4xx series i will buy it.

No I mean they make a paper crunching sound even with the pads off.
I decided to send it back for a replacement.

Jul 24, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #6 of 7
Me also facing the same problem. The bass seems to be rattling at high volume to those songs which have a deep low frequencies but no problem with mid and high frequencies. But when I put the volume at decent level no rattling with same songs. Is this headphone are not good for those songs which have deep lower bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back