Sennheiser HD 429 or Razer Electra?
Mar 24, 2012 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ichirei

New Head-Fier
First of all, sorry for my possible bad english!

I am looking to buy a pair of headphones, and I'm surely not an expert, so I need your help!
I have a budget of just €60, and I'd like a headphone both good for gaming and music. I want to use it both on my PC and MP3 player.

Doing some researches and reading a lot of reviews, I've come across these 2 headphones: Sennheiser HD 429, and Razer Electra. Now I really can't decide...I'm not sure if the HD 429 will be good for gaming too (they say to have "powerful bass response without sounding bloated" and this is good for games, right?), and I'm not sure if the Electra will be very good for music...

What do you recommend me?
Thanks!

Mar 24, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #3 of 5
The Sennheiser is undoubtedly much better but I have no personal experience with the HD429. Maybe someone else can chime in here. How much are you willing to spend on a headphone? 

Apr 13, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #4 of 5
Trust me when I say that "Gaming Headphones" are just over hyped, and usually overpriced. Any pair of Sennheisers will blow them out of the water. Especially if they have an open back design, you will be able to hear things around you and be able to tell the distances much more accurately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back