Sennheiser HD 419/429/439
Sep 9, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #31 of 62
Quote:
hey,
 I bought HD 439. Amazing product. Right amount of bass I required.. Very Happy with the performance, crisp and clear mids, non-irritating highs. I'll write a review after few days of burn-in.

Thanks @warrenpchi and @astroid.

Awesome!  Though TBH, I didn't do much.  But I'm still very happy for you! 
smile.gif
  Looking forward to that review btw, keep us posted.

Sep 9, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #32 of 62
just found this thread, now looking forward to the review too ^^

Mar 4, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #33 of 62
Quote:

Basically the 419 has way more bass and treble peaks than the 439 , i expect the mids will seem sucked out a bit.

The 439 is more balanced but with a nice warm bass.

Quote:

Basically the 419 has way more bass and treble peaks than the 439 , i expect the mids will seem sucked out a bit.

The 439 is more balanced but with a nice warm bass.

Wouldn't this show the same driver is used but output somehow is improved? Hard to get almost identical graph readings.

Mar 26, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #34 of 62
I have Sony MDR-7506's, Sony MDR-XB700's, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro's and my Sennheiser HD 439's and I have really come to like the HD 439's..... I don't know why they get so much hate.  I think they sound pretty good for the price and I have listened to tons of other headphones in the price range.  The comfort is great and the fact that the cable is replaceable on the HD 439's is a really cool feature.  To each his own I suppose....

Mar 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #35 of 62
Quote:
Wouldn't this show the same driver is used but output somehow is improved? Hard to get almost identical graph readings.

Yeah its likely the 4xx's use the same basic drivers with some tweaks.

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #37 of 62
I love my Senn 439's they're awesome. IMO SQ is good, they're comfy, comes with 2 cables, not horribly expensive (depending where you get them), and pretty good looking. Overall I like them the only things not to like are build quality and the thin cord and really thats all.

Mar 29, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #38 of 62
Quote:
I love my Senn 439's they're awesome. IMO SQ is good, they're comfy, comes with 2 cables, not horribly expensive (depending where you get them), and pretty good looking. Overall I like them the only things not to like are build quality and the thin cord and really thats all.

Can you post a pic of the detachable cable where is goes into the headphone?

Mar 29, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #40 of 62
Quote:
It simply slides right in the slot. but i don't know how good an aftermarket cord would work with this, if thats what you were thinking.

Thank you. Yeah, I was thinking about that. I have the 428s. From the graphs they look to sound the same but the 439's have less bass?

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #41 of 62
Sup guys, I have to pick some headphones for my birthday ranging from $60-80 and they have to be from best buy. My problem is I don't know which ones are better, the 439hd Sennheisers or the 429hd Sennheisers. You'd be helpin me out a lot if you can tell me which ones better by today. Gotta order 'em by Monday and Ima have to use me for at least 5 years. I'm gonna buy them off of Best buy by the way, they're both $79.99.

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #42 of 62
Quote:
Sup guys, I have to pick some headphones for my birthday ranging from $60-80 and they have to be from best buy. My problem is I don't know which ones are better, the 439hd Sennheisers or the 429hd Sennheisers. You'd be helpin me out a lot if you can tell me which ones better by today. Gotta order 'em by Monday and Ima have to use me for at least 5 years. I'm gonna buy them off of Best buy by the way, they're both $79.99.

Ya I actually had the 428's but kept having to return them due to the cord jack kept crapping out on me. Either way they are a significant improvement. The bass is about the same but better quality IMO. I would recommend you the 439s. I did it and I don't regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back