Sennheiser HD 4.50 or PXC 550?
Feb 12, 2018 at 10:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cortex777

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for something on the go. So far, I'm split between the Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC and Sennheiser PXC 550. How do they compare both sound wise and in regards of noise canceling? I assume that the PXC 550 are the better headphones considering that they cost twice as much but are they really that much better to justify the higher price tag? Also, it seems like the HD 4.50 BTNC are more portable since they're foldable while the PXC 550 are only collapsible? Huh? Oh and do they have real or synthetic leather? (Honestly, I'd prefer the velour covered ear cushions found on Sennheiser's other headphones)

I'm using HD 660 S headphones for at home listening so I'm not sure I'm willing to invest too much into something I'm only going to use here and there on the go. How much worse do they sound? lol But yeah, I'd like to have something with noise canceling on the go as well.

Jun 7, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #4 of 4
Can't answer on the SQ between the 2, but I have PSB M4U2, Polk UltraFocus8000 and had Beats-X and purchased the HD4.50 for a flight, I wore the 4.50 for about an hour before they started to REALLY hurt my ears as in the fit not the sound, but the sound did hurt my emotions as it was not very good compared to any of my other headphones. Luckily I purchased them at 50% off retail so hopefully should get that back selling second hand.

In short I do not recommend the Sennheiser HD4.50 on comfort or sound quality.

Guess I am just going to have to stay wired!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back