Sennheiser HD 380 Pro's versus Audio Technica ATH-M50's.
Nov 13, 2013 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

thisissomebs

100+ Head-Fier
I need them for producing hip hop. They both seem so perfect but the Audio's have a perfect score on Amazon while the Sennheiser's are a more known company.

What do you guys think?

And thank you because you all have been a great help to me in learning about audiophile knowledge. Awesome forum. 

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #2 of 7
  I need them for producing hip hop. They both seem so perfect but the Audio's have a perfect score on Amazon while the Sennheiser's are a more known company.

What do you guys think?

And thank you because you all have been a great help to me in learning about audiophile knowledge. Awesome forum. 

I would guess you would not want bassy headphones, but more balanced for hearing detail?
There is a chance someone else listening to your end result and would be using headphones with less bass, might then find the music's bass too weak.

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #3 of 7

I would guess you would not want bassy headphones, but more balanced for hearing detail?
There is a chance someone else listening to your end result and would be using headphones with less bass, might then find the music's bass too weak.

This is true and this is the never ending truth with making music. I see people bragging sometimes about there thousand dollar sound setups and I just laugh sometimes because probably 3/4 of the people listening to there music are going to end up listening on an iPod and a pair of $20 Skullcandy earphones lol.

I definitely need the most detailed headphone for the $$$ though. My max budget for a headphone is $200 so if you could maybe suggest something else for $50 more that would be cool. 

In the end though I definitely need a headphone with quality bass because that's what I'm in to.

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #4 of 7
I think the Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80) headphones have decent balance, $50-$60.

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #5 of 7
  I think the Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80) headphones have decent balance, $50-$60.

No I meant $50 more than the Sennheiser's so $200 lol. These look cool though, I need better ones though.

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #6 of 7
What exactly are you plugging the headphones into?

Nov 13, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #7 of 7
A laptop. I'm getting a Fiio E17 though for my dac/amp. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back