sennheiser Hd 335s???
Nov 12, 2013 at 12:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hgaara

New Head-Fier
I can't really find any information or reviews on these. Has anyone tried them? What can I expect from these? I listen to a wide range of music, from rap, r&b, metal, dubstep, electronic and whatnot. I bought the Sennheiser HD428s and I haven't burned them in yet, but so far there clear and good, although slightly lacking in bass. I can't mod them as I'm not sure if I'm keeping them.

Can I expect the HD335 to be even better than the HD428?

Also, if anyone owns or has seen them, do the HD335 have a thicker cord? The HD428 has a thin one which worries me.

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #2 of 5
Going by the specs posted on Sennheiser, it is probably using the same drivers as HD205.
I would take HD205 over any HD4x8/4x9 headphone any day.  Much better sound - just beware, HD205 does grip one's head somewhat tightly, and HD335 will probably do the same since it appears to be using the same headband.
Edit: 205's cord is slightly thicker, I think.  Not much difference.  HD335 will probably be the same.

Dec 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #3 of 5
This reply might be too late, but I got a pair of these as a Christmas gift (along with a pair of Noontec Zoro HDs, which makes for some interesting listening comparisons). What I've noticed so far:

-Comfort-wise, they're fine and I don't think they'll be hurting my ears much (if any at all). I have a big head and they're not clamping too bad.
-Build quality-wise, they have a plasticky-feel and feel like they're of slightly less quality than the Zoro HDs. Not bad but I'm not overly impressed either.
-Sound quality-wise, they're a mixed bag. They have good highs without being overly harsh, and they have decent mids. Lows could use some work, though. I'd say these are definitely NOT for bass-heavy genres; the Zoro HDs beat them thoroughly in this regard, and those aren't even basshead phones. Also, the HD 335s seem to have a pretty narrow soundstage. It seems to be improving the more I listen, but when I first put them on my head, it honestly sounded like I was listening through a tin can.

Overall, they're not bad at all, but there are much better options in the price range, especially if you listen to a lot of techno and dubstep (and other similar genres).

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #4 of 5
Kanto is correct. I returned them and ended up getting the Sol Republic V10, which have more bass. The HD335s were pretty good for high ranges and mids. But bass was lacking :/ .So all in all, the HD335 were not bad, but not what I wanted considering I am more of a basshead.

May 17, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #5 of 5
It's all a matter of taste and ears.  Personnally, the So Republic V10 were way too muddy and bassy for me.  Lack of control.

HD335s hit deeper, more sub bass, I would say.  It help the highs and mids to get some air.  My two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back