Sennheiser HD 280 Pro cable issues
Feb 2, 2012 at 12:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mikfig

New Head-Fier
Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I purchased a set of HD 280 Pros about 2-3 months ago because I wanted quality headphones and read some good stuff about these. They've been really great, first headphones I've had that haven't been complete crap. The thing is, I've been having some issues with the cable. I've replaced it already once because I accidentally bent the connector pretty bad. Now I think I'm going to have to replace it again soon because the connector is slowly becoming more bent again. I searched through the forums and found this thread about the HD 280 Pro cabling:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/442649/replacing-a-sennheiser-hd-280-pro-cable

I was wondering if doing something like this would make sense. The coiled nature of the cable gets it caught on a lot of things, so sometimes it gets yanked around. But what about the actual connector. Are most mini-stereo connectors easy to bend, or is the HD 280 Pro's connector particularly fragile in that sense?

Thank you very much,
Mikfig

Feb 2, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #2 of 3
well, if you have a nice quarter inch plug, that'll be a lot stronger than a mini-jack connector :)

you could look into re-terminating the cable instead of switching out the whole cable again, if you want to only spend about $5

Feb 2, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #3 of 3
Huh, well I'm using it with my laptop and iPod. So by my understanding, I have to use a 3.5mm mini-stereo connector.
I didn't know you could reterminate it though, that's definitely something I'm going to look into.

Thank you very much :),
mikfig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back