Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and beyerdynamic DT 1350 - Head-Fi TV, Episode 004
May 23, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #106 of 128
I just found this. That was a wonderful and informative video. Informative and unbiased. We need more demos like this. 

May 25, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #107 of 128
I bought a set of the Sennheiser / adidas HD 25-1 II Originals and I LOVE them.. they are my new favorite.. 

Jun 13, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #109 of 128
For me, and I'm using these only for DJing, it was an easy decision: the Beyers and the B&W headphones are both $300 vs the $200 of the Senn HD25s.  The Senns have proved themselves for years by being the go-to headphone for sound engineers and djs the world over, and one of the reasons is that they are INCREDIBLY EASY TO DISASSEMBLE. Without any special tools, anyone can easily replace virtually anything on this headphone.  So if you're a company buying a lot, it obviously makes much more sense to be able to repair than replace.  They're also incredibly easy to mod.

Finally, this idea that plastic is cheap but metal is serious is a hangover from the 20th century.  Cars are increasingly made of plastic, for god's sake.  Plastic is not a single material, but a wide variety: high quality plastic is not a cheapo toy.  Similarly, thin metal - as it has to be to keep from being too heavy - is not necessarily very durable, and can easily bend or break.  

All that said, I'm sure the B&W and the Beyers are both fantastic sounding headphones, probably a bit better sounding than the Senns.  But I would expect them to be for the price difference.  And if you're really into sound above all, I'd question spending $350+ with tax and shipping for any of these cans, when there are serious models out there (senn 650s, audio-technica, etc, etc.) that have MUCH higher quality for around that price point.  I've tried several DJ headphones, and they were all of so-so quality - it's hard once you're been spoiled by JH13's. 
cool.gif

But for what they are, I think the Senns are a terrific value - even more so bc I got a refurbished pair that are like new, with a full sennheiser warranty, for only $130 (about 90 euros) including tax and shipping.

Jun 14, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #110 of 128
Wow! Jude's review/recommendation must have had a widespread effect. The DT1350's are suddenly unobtanium. I ordered a pair from TTVJ,
and Todd said that they are backordered for several weeks. I checked around, and nobody seems to have them. I hope I get one from the next batch.
(Goes to corner to sulk #!@&!!)
mad.gif

Jun 21, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #112 of 128
Been away for a while and come back to vids! Would just like to say, great work! fantastic now to have both a source of text based and video reviews of headphones. Is there really any other destination worth visiting other than headfi :p

Jun 22, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #114 of 128

Love the review really helped me out !!
I wish jude will make another review about  ATH-M50 too & also he will say the deference between it & HD25 1 II  
popcorn.gif

I'm stuck between HD25 & ATH-M50 at the moment 

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #116 of 128
Why not just compare the two mentioned with the Pioneer 10, Sony 7506, 7509 HD, AKG 240, HP1/2, & Beyers DT100/DT150/DT48/. It would give people a better understanding of which one is best for studio applications.

Aug 7, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #117 of 128
I've also been wondering which headphones to buy between the HD25's, the DT1350's and the ATH M50's.
I listen mostly to rock music (Pop, Indie, Alternative, Punk) and a little of electronic.
Some examples of artists I listen to: Matt Costa, The Shins, OK Go, The Beatles...
It's a very, very hard decision to make! And I would like you guys' help on this :)
Are the DT1350's worth the extra 100$ for the kind of music I listen to?

Sep 7, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #119 of 128
Well, i probably should have responded to this thread ages ago.. this video inspired me to purchase a pair of DT1350s when I went to Japan a couple months back. was happy with the purchase. Just rewatched the video and I noticed that Jude wears the HD25s around the wrong way at 6:20 (the cable being on the left, when they should be on the right). If I had picked that up before, I may have been less likely to follow the guidance of someone who wears his headphones around the wrong way! heh. Anyway, I listened to the P5, the HD25 and the DT1350 over there (love Japan) and I have to say that with a bit of wiggling, the DT1350s do sound better to me than the other two, but the HD25s sound great just putting them on. No adjustments needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back