Sennheiser HD 215 Review
Jun 2, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #76 of 81
i like this review :p

(from main senn site)

1. The Excellent DJ Monitoring Headphone

Simon Herz
    Singapore
    04/19/2014

THIS IS DJ MONITORING HEADPHONE, not for end-user who want to enjoy spectacular bass or crisper treble right out-of-the-box! You need to have 16-pin Equalizer to make your own custom mixing of the sound. This headphone is FOR sound mixing purpose that needs ORIGINAL sounds (flat) which will be processed. That's the DJ work as they not only mixing the songs! The headphone also applicable for sound engineer who need to configure the stage/room in accordance of its purpose. So please USE the headphone for ITS PURPOSE! instead of comment "lacks of this or that".

PRO: Durable, Rotatable Ear Cup, Near Original Sound, Light

CON: Price, No Equalizer Software

BEST USES: Dj Monitoring, Sound Engineer Monitoring, Stage Monitoring, Custom Sound Mixing

BOTTOM LINE: I would recommend this to a friend.

May 13, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #78 of 81
  i didn't think headphones could actually sound better then HD215's :)
yes i love my 215's.

has anyone owned 215 and 215-ll ? is there any difference?

Got HD 215 II headphones and asked Sennheiser about differents between HD 215 II and HD 215 and different is in the box. Headphones are same.

These are my first quality headphones and hope that didn't make mistacke. I enjoy in music.

May 13, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #79 of 81
I have heard big differences between hd205 I and II. measurements do show that too. The original 205 has much more neutral bass while the 2 has emphasised bass. Probably the same for the 215

Jul 26, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #81 of 81
What to say, this information got from Sennheiser. Maybe have some differences in the production from time to time...

Hi guys i have the old 215 bought it on 2008.
I just found my 215 after 5 years of not listening to it. I was pretty suprise when i hear it again with my pcm d100. This thing will require another burn in again and i use new aftermarket pads and cables. This headphone really need some amp to listen to properly. I must use upto volume 5 or 6 on my pcm d100 while other my new headphone is loud enough at 3. For sound wise i am still reburn in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back