Sennheiser hd 215 good election???
Aug 15, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 10
Hey mattia,

You've probably already seen them, but both bowei006 and I have recently put up reviews for the HD 215.  In addition to our impressions, you'll find the impressions of other members as well.

bowei006's review >>> http://www.head-fi.org/t/621257/sennheiser-hd-215-review
my review >>> http://www.head-fi.org/t/622696/review-the-sennheiser-hd-215-the-hd-205s-bigger-brother

Out of curiosity, which HD 215 characteristics do you like the most?  I think that for general listening the HD 428 is somewhat similar, and is also worth looking at.

Aug 15, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
I found this thread after Warren told me to google Sennheiser HD 215 haha.

The HD 215 are not on market yet so you can't buy them. They were introduced in 2005 but taken off. They will from what I have heard, be re introduced back into the market at $80 approx.

Lol, I was curious to see what "professional" reviewers had to say about the HD 215.  Quick Google search showed that (apparently) we ARE the professional reviewers for this unit. 
biggrin.gif

Actually, that happens to me pretty frequently.  I'll be looking for something here on Head-Fi but the search function is less than stellar.  So I go and Google it.  And Google promptly refers me back to Head-Fi (albeit usually with better search results).

BTW, I've been meaning to ask, where did you find out that they're gonna be $80?  I was looking at Sennheisers's site, and the only info the have is that it's 99 Euros (which is about $125).  Just curious. 
smile.gif

Aug 15, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Lol, I was curious to see what "professional" reviewers had to say about the HD 215.  Quick Google search showed that (apparently) we ARE the professions reviewers for this unit. 
biggrin.gif

Actually, that happens pretty frequently.  I'll be looking for something here on Head-Fi but the search function is less than stellar.  So I go and Google it.  And Google promptly refers me back to Head-Fi (albeit usually with better search results).

BTW, I've been meaning to ask, where did you find out that they're gonna be $80?  I was looking at Sennheisers's site, and the only info the have is that it's 99 Euros (which is about $125).  Just curious. 
smile.gif

Haha yeah. I wanted to see what others had to say but that's about it. You and me are the only full reviews on the net it seems. Trusted reviews, digital trends, what hifi....don't make me laugh. Those sites are really really faceticious.

I asked Sennheiser Eric and he said around $80

bowei006
Jul 28, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Hello Delivery man! Thanks for the lending samples!

Are you guys planning on introducing the HD 215 back into the U.S market?

If so, what MSRP will this be set at? I wish to get a good idea which range of headphones the HD 215 will be competing against.

TheDeliveryMan
Jul 30, 2012 at 7:31 am

Hello- Indeed we will be putting the 215 back into the market. It will likely be sub $80, but it does not have a lot of direct competitors from a sound standpoint, as we are actively targeting natural sound.

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #6 of 10
Oh okay, I gotcha.  I saw you mention that in a couple places and I couldn't figure out where you got the info, lol. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
thanks senn hd 428 have good noise cancelling? i´m gonna watch for them.. 

The isolation is... okay.  It's not super because it was still meant as a pair of "home" listening headphones.  But being closed-back headphones, the HD 428s still have reasonably decent isolation.  The HD 215 easily beats it in that department.

Quote:
and good review

+1 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back