Sennheiser: HD 203 or HD 448
Jan 6, 2012 at 7:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

disturbed86

New Head-Fier
I've had a pair of Sennheiser HD 212 Pro headphones for about 2 years now, and I rather like them...but I just found out that I bought them from an Amazon third party seller that's specifically on Sennheiser's list of UNauthorized retailers.  So chances are they're fake.

That in mind, I figured it was time to see what the real deal sounded like.  I just read a thread on here about how good the HD 203s are, but another thread on how good the HD 448s are.

Therein lies the problem.  At least until the sale on Newegg is up, they're both $50 (ok, so the 448's will cost 4 cents more...).  I'm resisting the urge to just buy the 448's since they're down from $130, where the 203s are always $50... I get that more expensive doesn't inherently mean better.

Price being the same, which should I get?  My musical preference tends toward the heavy metal side, but I do have days where I really have to listen to ska, or jazz, or anything with horns in it.

I usually listen on a computer, so we can assume sound will be amped.  I don't usually use full size headphones with my iPod, since if I'm going to be portable I'll just use earbuds.

Short version: Metal and ska.  At the same price, 448 or 203?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back