Sennheiser debuts a bunch of new headphones at IFA
Nov 11, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #421 of 520
  I can always trust headfonia and headfonics for a good read. Too bad they didn't have a 598

There are a lot of incorrect statements in that review assuming the HD599 is similar to the HD598.

The angled and more distant drivers of the HD598 and HD599 give them a larger and more airy soundstage than HD6x0's, review says the opposite.
They also say the Fidelio X2 is very similar sounding to the HD599...
There's no way that V shaped bass bloated headphone sounds anything like an HD598 or HD599.

"The X2 wins on clarity and cleanness" LOL no.
The HD599 is likely far better than Headfonia is leading me to believe.

Nov 11, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #422 of 520
Headfonia must have some F-ed up notion about soundstage.... Just swapped a pair of hd598s for a pair of hd600s and those guys have to explain me where did they heard the bigger soundstage on the 600s.....

Nov 11, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #423 of 520
There are a lot of incorrect statements in that review assuming the HD599 is similar to the HD598.

The angled and more distant drivers of the HD598 and HD599 give them a larger and more airy soundstage than HD6x0's, review says the opposite.
They also say the Fidelio X2 is very similar sounding to the HD599...
There's no way that V shaped bass bloated headphone sounds anything like an HD598 or HD599.

"The X2 wins on clarity and cleanness" LOL no.
The HD599 is likely far better than Headfonia is leading me to believe.

Your attitude pretty much sums up what is the worst about the headphone community.

Nov 11, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #424 of 520
Headfonia must have some F-ed up notion about soundstage.... Just swapped a pair of hd598s for a pair of hd600s and those guys have to explain me where did they heard the bigger soundstage on the 600s.....

Headfonia is...well, it's Headfonia. The pictures and typography are nice, I guess, and if you're very patient you can sometimes get a very rough (though often confusing and contradictory) idea what a new headphone sounds like, but I wouldn't personally put a lot of stock in anything they say. For instance, unless I'm mistaken, I think they're one of the holdouts that still claims the HD 650 is audibly technically superior to the HD 600, when the vast majority of people have long since abandoned that notion. But, you know, the HD 650 is the more expensive of the two, so...

For something that's difficult to measure, like soundstage projection, the best you can do is trust your ears. Normally I would never give such mushy advice, but since headphone soundstage is mostly an illusion and a consequence of the brain trying to make sense of two completely separated audio channels, there isn't a lot to grab onto. Most of the headphone listening world agrees with you, it should be said--the HD 600's soundstage indeed tends toward the intimate. And it's for a very good reason, as headphones with forward upper mids all tend to have this presentation because it presents the illusion of the sound being closer to the listener.

Nov 11, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #425 of 520
Thank you for sharing the review Rosmadi. There will always be haters I guess.
I don't think I ever said the 650 is technically superior to the HD600. But the 650 is a great headphone that I like over my 600.

Nov 11, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #426 of 520
Thank you for sharing the review Rosmadi. There will always be haters I guess.
I don't think I ever said the 650 is technically superior to the HD600. But the 650 is a great headphone that I like over my 600.

No pleasure in hating dont get me wrong.

I always like to read your reviews and they are more than welcome but in this case i dont agree thats all...

But keep them coming please.... :wink:

We all moan about something but we all end up going back to the same places in the end.... :D

Cheers....

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #427 of 520
So, with the release of HD6XX it IS possible to manufacture a legendary headphone in a much lower MSRP than when it was released years ago.. Why they put it at an even lower MSRP than the 599 baffles me though.. They can, and should've priced the 5xx models at MSRP lower than it is now.

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #429 of 520
seems no one is interested in budget cans for portable devices anymore. Didn't realize this thread was dead even though no one else is talking about Senns new portable cans.

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #431 of 520
Hrm? What is 598CS? Closed headphones? Huh?

Nov 25, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #432 of 520
I wasn't impressed by the regular 598. This is supposedly indentical to the new closed 569. I decided to try the Status Audio DB-1 instead :] 

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #433 of 520
I have been reading through this thread and am amazed that out of 29 pages there only about 4 posts regarding the new HD 4.30 models. They look so darn good I can't believe they haven't at least been reviewed by one Head-fi member. It's almost like Sennheiser is getting no attention from Head-fi members these days. I am reduced to reading Amazon reviews to try and get some inkling about their tonality. From the bit of info I have read I think they could be a great little headphone.

Nov 26, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #435 of 520
Yup, I don't the lack of enthusiasm for Sennheiser's newest offerings. I reviewed the PXC 550 and there is almost zero interest on Head-fi they are good enough I darn near only use them right now because they are far more than just an Active Noise Cancelling headphone.

Now I see the HD 4.x0 line and they are similarly being ignored. I will have to wait as my budget is to tight to buy a pair but when I can afford to try them the HD 4.30 are on a short list. The HD 4.20 appears to be on ear and possibly to bright for me but they also look interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back