Sennheiser debuts a bunch of new headphones at IFA
Sep 15, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #137 of 520
Momentum, HD6/7/8, Amperior, and Urbanite are all packaged the same way, too.  This trend will apparently continue.  I like it better than having to pull out a plastic mold holding the headphone and its accessories.  On rare occasion, I've cut myself with the plastic mold.  Sometimes it snags on something inside while I'm trying to pull it out, or when I am putting it all back together to send it for replacement/return, it snags while putting the mold back in.  It's a nuisance.  Some companies went over-the-top with the mold assemblies in the past, I would briefly feel like I am taking some kind of puzzle apart in the process of unboxing.

Thank you, Sennheiser.

Sep 16, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #138 of 520
Looks like Sennheiser stepped up the packaging quality with the 500 series.
I guess it's good enough for today's standard, though still less than some IMO, I wonder why nobody else include as solid box as the UE6000, the box itself is good enough for storage.
About the headphone itself... Huh? There's no padding on the Headband?

Sep 16, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #139 of 520
Good point on the headband! Here is a pic from the sennheiser website and there is significant padding in the pic. I am still very curious as to how the HD 569 compares to the  HD 4.30G (they're more "portable" option) but i don't want to sacrifice audio quality. The shape of the 569 earpads and material just looks so much more comfortable, but I like the 4.30G ability to fold and the leather earpads might have better isolation. Honestly, I wanted something to wear at the poker table/library/home and don't care if they're a little larger but also don't want something crazy big. Decisions Decisions....

Here is a pic of the 4.30G. Has anyone ordered these? I have been ordering too many headphones to justify ordering both the HD569 and these...

Sep 16, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #140 of 520
Looking again at the previous posted pics of the HD 569, it seems due to the packaging and the way the headband looks that the padding is removable and you attach it after taking it out of the packaging? This is just a guess obviously....

Sep 16, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #141 of 520
The HD 569 came out of the box complete, with the padding attached. But, I get why you might think otherwise after going back to look at my pic. That is just the angle and lighting I guess, but the padding is in place in that image.

Sep 16, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #143 of 520
When I use my imagination a a bit... Yeah it seems to be there.. Only most of it is covered by the foam looking from this angle

Sep 16, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #144 of 520
Honestly, I still don't see it but it must be present obviously. Maybe take those puppies out of the box for the world to see?? Any more updates on comfortability, size, isolation, sound?? Here is a pic from the amazon website of these (check out that headband...)

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #145 of 520
I promise, it exists! Haha. I think its just that when the headphone is pressed all the way in, the foam of the packaging forms around the headband enough to diminish the look of it.

*EDIT: I'll take a couple more of pics of them in a bit.

Sep 16, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #149 of 520

Really liking the new ear pads!

beerchug.gif

Sep 16, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #150 of 520
Originally Posted by Bansaku /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Really liking the new ear pads!

beerchug.gif

They are really comfortable. You know how when you get a new headphone or new set of pads and they are stiff and need a break in time to reach their full potential? These are like little fluffy pillows right out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back