Sennheiser CX95 or Sennheiser CX300?
Jun 12, 2008 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Const4nt1n3

100+ Head-Fier
hi, guys!

if i ask you which of those iems sound better, there would be probably one answer: Sennheiser CX95. but the question is if Sennheiser CX95 is really worth it's price?

i'm planning to buy iem for my psp which i'll be using for music, games and probably movies as i'm travelling quite often. so there are two candidates as i mentioned earlier. i have chosen Sennheiser CX95 and Sennheiser CX300 for simple reason: where i live there aren't lot of iems to choose from (also i'm out of shipping area). i have checked head-fi.org and most of the recommended iems i couldn't find in my local stores, only Sennheiser CX300 and Sennheiser CX95 (i'll have to wait for it about 2 weeks, because no-one is buying cx95, too expensive).

so Sennheiser CX300 or Sennheiser CX95 will be more suitable for my psp? there is a huge difference in price between them, but if Sennheiser CX95 is really worth it, i'll go for cx95 even if i have to wait 2 weeks for delivery!
wink.gif
i'm very open for your suggestions also i would be very pleased if you mention other alternatives, maybe i've missed some browsing through head-fi.org.

some directions: i'm listening probably everything from classical music, jazz,psychedelic rock to today's club music, but i don't like pop!
biggrin.gif
also i prefer bass. so iem has to be good all-rounder.
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks in advance and i hope you won't blame me of not using search. i think it's a bit different thread from the ones that i've found with a search function.
wink.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 8:56 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CX95 isn't worth it for the price.

Better off with say the Head-Direct RM2 for $US80 group buy atm til Sunday!
Head-Direct.com

Bargain 101!

thanks for reply.

head-direct re2 (i believe you had in mind re2 not rm2) seems quite a good alternative, also worldwide shipping is free! i don't know how much cost re2 earlier, but it strikes me that now re2 is much cheaper due to "group buy" (what does exactly this mean?). in addition, there is re1 for 140 dollars. is re1 worth 60 dollars more?

p.s. maybe not very wise question: is head-direct trusted dealer?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Const4nt1n3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for reply.

head-direct re2 (i believe you had in mind re2 not rm2) seems quite a good alternative, also worldwide shipping is free! i don't know how much cost re2 earlier, but it strikes me that now re2 is much cheaper due to "group buy" (what does exactly this mean?). in addition, there is re1 for 140 dollars. is re1 worth 60 dollars more?

p.s. maybe not very wise question: is head-direct trusted dealer?
smily_headphones1.gif

'group buy' is basically like a bulk order but made by lots of people i.e. it's treated as a bulk order resulting in a lower price for the individual consumer.

And yes, Head-Direct can be trusted going by others here at Head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif

The RE1 require an headphone amp for gets it's full potential as it's at a rather crazy 150 ohms.

Jun 13, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #6 of 11
My first non-cheap IEM was a set of CX300's. I was never really able to get a good seal in my left ear with them, no matter which tip I tried. The sound was okay, but since upgrading to Etymotic ER4P's, I hardly ever use them at all anymore. In fact, when I'm not using the Etymotics, I almost exclusively use the $9.99 JVC Gumys, which I like a LOT more than the CX300's. Go figure....

Jun 13, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #7 of 11
CX300s are OK, but they are very bass-heavy and don't handle the high treble very well -- hi-hats and cymbals are distorted. I think I'd try the RE2 if I were doing it over again. Note -- it is GREAT if you can buy these from a place with a return/exchange policy.

Just got my Yuin PK2's, literally 20 minutes ago. Initial impression is favorable. They sound better than the CX300, so they are a better option if you don't need the isolation.

Jun 13, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #8 of 11
thank you guys for the answers.

currently i am thinking about cx95 and obviously about re2 as the latter one seems to be a good value. i have read several reviews about re2 and it is said, that re2 is lacking some bass while cx95 have a lot of it. on the other hand, a lot of believe, that cx95 is overpriced. i have to make my mind fast, because saturday is the last day when i can get re2 for 80 dollars.

have anyone compared cx95 and re2 face to face? and will re2 be suitable for club music (enough bass) using psp as an audio source?

i hope to get few hints.
smily_headphones1.gif

once again, thank you all for answering.
wink.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #9 of 11
I doubt if Re 2 would match up to the bass. I have realized people here appreciate clarity/ detailed spark more over bass. sometimes it is good but sometimes it fatigues your ears. Sennheiser would certainly have more bass, you can get the CX 500 rather than CX 95 casue the reviews of CX 500 are all good. Good combination of bass and clarity.

Jun 14, 2008 at 11:42 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by western120 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I doubt if Re 2 would match up to the bass. I have realized people here appreciate clarity/ detailed spark more over bass. sometimes it is good but sometimes it fatigues your ears. Sennheiser would certainly have more bass, you can get the CX 500 rather than CX 95 casue the reviews of CX 500 are all good. Good combination of bass and clarity.

it would be great to compare re2's bass level with something else, for example with cx300 or cx95.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back