Sennheiser CX55 CX-55 CX 55
Jan 29, 2009 at 12:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Usama

100+ Head-Fier
In the interest of those who search, I would like to create this thread for the Sennheiser cx55. I have found a great deal for these at Futureshop (Canadian equivalent to Bestbuy) for 55$ USD. I want some opinions:

How do these compare to the CX500 and CX95?

Because I might still hold out but it seems as though I have found, what I am looking for. I have already had experience with the Etymotic ER6 and they were too analytical for me and I discovered that I do not like single armature sound so I am looking for dynamic driver phones.

How 'bout it, opinions on the CX55?

They differ in the product description from the CX300 because the CX300 has POWERFUL BASS-DRIVEN STEREO SOUND. Whereas, the CX55 has POWERFULL BASS REPRODUCTION. I don't know what that means, exactly.

Jan 29, 2009 at 12:19 PM Post #2 of 10
A lot of people here aren't too big on sennheiser's entry level IEMs, they tend to be boomy and inaccurate with bass and just average in the mids and treble. For $50 most will probably reccomend head-direct RE2's(analytical like ER6i's, but supposedly more accurate) and NE-7M's(which I have read are slightly better than the RE2's with slightly more bass)

Head-direct will ship worldwide.

Jan 29, 2009 at 12:28 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballz2TheWallz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A lot of people here aren't too big on sennheiser's entry level IEMs, they tend to be boomy and inaccurate with bass and just average in the mids and treble. For $50 most will probably reccomend head-direct RE2's(analytical like ER6i's, but supposedly more accurate) and NE-7M's(which I have read are slightly better than the RE2's with slightly more bass)

Head-direct will ship worldwide.

I would doubt the RE2's are more accurate than the ER6 (NOT ER6i). But even if they are accurate and without looking, I bet the RE2 are tiny bass single armature phones that I do not wish to purchase at this time.

I found the NE-7M for about 75$ USD at ehmac.ca but I have heard that the Nuforce do not isolate well and that is something that I want. If I do not like the CX55, I can always return them at my local retailer, conveniently.

Jan 29, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #5 of 10
tbh, the Nuforce NE-7M's are a better all-round earphone.

Sure, the RE2's have better treble but I feel this is more coloured than natural.

@OP: The last couple of sentences are purely marketing.

Jan 29, 2009 at 12:36 PM Post #6 of 10
NE-7M's are certainly better if you get a good seal on them, the point I'm trying to get across is I don't think the CX55's would compete with other offerings but I may be wrong.

Jan 29, 2009 at 12:38 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballz2TheWallz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to throw it out there, RE2's are returnable for 30 days, also they are dynamic driver IEM's. Head-Direct.com | YUIN

I don't think CX55's are going to isolate a great deal better than nuforce's.

You are probably right, if the NE-7M is a canalphone like the CX55. Does head-direct refund shipping as well, if I decide to return? (I know I can email them but I may as well ask here to).

However, if the RE2 has only slightly better bass than the ER6i than I probably won't like them. I found the ER6 to have tiny bass and they were not fun to listen to. Although, I was surprised at hearing all the new details in the tracks. Dynamic Driver phones are probably what I will like.

Jan 29, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tbh, the Nuforce NE-7M's are a better all-round earphone.

Sure, the RE2's have better treble but I feel this is more coloured than natural.

@OP: The last couple of sentences are purely marketing.

Those phrases were also purely confusing. What the heck is the difference between "powerful bass driven stereo sound" and "excellent bass reproduction"?
confused_face.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #9 of 10
So...........I know that the CX95 has favourable opinion here. Unfortunately, these are hard to find at a good price, for a Canadian. CX55 are not close to the CX95 at all?

Jan 30, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #10 of 10
I know that the Canalphone does not provide the same isolation as an IEM. But in your opinion, what series has better isolation, the CX[]5's or the CX[]00's? I understand that both series are canalphones so I am going to miss the excellent isolation of ER6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back