Sennheiser CX500 sound really bad!
Oct 14, 2010 at 6:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

rodiak

New Head-Fier
Hello!
I got the Sennheiser CX500 2 days ago and I have to say - they sound just terrible. After the glowing reviews I read about this pair online, I was expecting something above and beyond the quality of my stock iPhone headphones, instead I got something that sounds like some $5 headphones I bought from the grocery store. I got these from a highly trusted store(not eBay) so I didn't have any suspicions that they might be a fake pair. Still, I checked the packaging and the earphones for fake signs by following some of the guides online and I've found nothing to raise my suspicion. That obviously does not change the fact that these earphones sound downright terrible. I am by no means an expert on these things and I'm not even remotely an audiophile, but when listening to music with your earphones for more than 10 straight minutes gives you a headache you know something is wrong. One glaring example of how sucky this pair is can be found in the song "One Love" by David Guetta and Estelle (youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQyGYdRqulQ), skip to the chorus at the 1:19 point in the video, you should hear the phrase "One Love" repeatedly for the next few seconds (the one sang by the carol, not Estelle). Well, that phrase at that part of the song is almost completely inaudible when listening with my CX500. You can barely hear it uttered, and if I didn't know it was there before, I probably wouldn't have known by listening with these earphones... Now since these are my first In-ear headphones I was going to give them the benefit of the doubt and let them maybe grow on me but after leaving them playing nothing but pink noise for the past 24 hours, trying them with all my audio devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Classic, HP laptop), and trying all the different sizes of ear adapters I'm just gonna give up and give the store a call tomorrow.

I just wanted to ask if these might actually be fakes (even though the packaging has no such evidence) in order to know how my conversation with the store's manager is gonna go tomorrow. Also is there anything I might be doing wrong that's making them sound this bad? Like wearing them incorrectly or whatever... Also, do all fakes sound that bad or I'm just completely unlucky?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back