Sennheiser CX300B MK II or Philips SHE9000/28?
Jun 21, 2012 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Jetcloud

New Head-Fier
Hey,
I'm trying to decide between the Sennheisers for $40 or a 2-pack of the Philips for $28... Anyone with suggestions? Both will be genuine and I really can't decide 
confused.gif

Whichever I buy I pretty much intend to keep as long as possible. I listen a moderate amount per week of pretty much all kinds of music if that says anything... I guess I'm trying to ask whether the better sound quality of the Senns would be worth the price over the simply cheaper, still-solid Philips? And any other pros and cons you guys can help me out with would also be appreciated.

Jun 21, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 20
Get the Philips. Imo the CX300II isn't worth $40.

Can you get the JVC HA-FX40 or Panasonic RP-HJE355 at a good price? These are $20 each in the US.

Jun 21, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #4 of 20
CX300ii are overpriced, there's many better alternatives for your money, like Phillips SHE3580. I own SHE9700, to be honest I enjoy the SHE3580 much more. Have a look at Phillips SHE3580 instead of your choices, save some money for better sound. 

Jun 21, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #5 of 20
Alright unless a supporter of the CX300II's come out looks like they're no go…
And wouldn't the Philips I'm going to get be an upgrade to the SHE3580? The price difference between those two is marginal enough… Do Philips typically have good sound quality? I know my Sennheiser cans are pretty good so I thought the buds would be decent too.

Jun 21, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #7 of 20
you should totally get the good earphones with the good sound and the good stuff and good.
Wut? lol

Many here have heard the Philips SHE3xxx series canalphones and can tell you how good they are. Haven't seen any mention of the 9000, of course we'd love you to get them and tell us how they sound :) $28 for two sounds like a good deal too.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #8 of 20
I didn't know trolls lurked here lol

Well I'd assume that if most of you guys have had rave reviews of Philips then I can take a shot at trying them out too. Whatever has some high quality for the price I'll take a look at.

Jun 21, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:
Any specific reasons why the Senns are no good to you?
I see that those two suggestions are relatively new… Are those marginally better than any others on the market?

Both the HA-FX40 and RP-HJE355 are better than the CX300II. The CX300II wouldn't be bad if it was $15. It isn't $15 though.
I am very pleased with the HA-FX40 and RP-HJE355. I also have the RP-HJE350. The HJE350 is good, but the HJE355 is much better than the HJE350.

Jun 21, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #10 of 20
Alright last try before I head to sleep… Is it unanimous that the CX300 II's are no good for this price? (I was actually planning to keep these before I read your opinions lol)
Also thanks everyone for your feedback!

Jun 21, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #11 of 20
Wait, so you already have the CX300 with you?  Well how do they sound to *you*?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 21, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #12 of 20
It's not that they're bad, more very expensive for what you get and they sound like JK1 said worth $15. I haven't heard SHE9000 so I can't comment. I have owned CX300ii they were my first purchase from a retail store when I got into this hobby, I paid $89 Aus for them. Not long after I paid $35 for SoundMAGIC E10 which are x3 better at x3 less a price. If you want CX300ii by all means go for it, they're very mainstream consumer based, so there won't be terrible amounts of love for them here. 

Also be really aware of fake CX300ii they're one of the most copied IEM's in the world.

Jun 22, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #13 of 20
No see I ordered the Senns online with free shipping… But then I went in store and saw the Philips and I wondered whether they were any good. I saw a review here before I bought them and thought they were worthwhile. I don't really want to open them and then return them either so thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back