Sennheiser CX300-II replacements(want identical cord length)
Jan 22, 2011 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

damagedhearing

New Head-Fier
I am very happy overall wtih my inexpensive Sennheiser CX300-II's. I like the slightly, artificially juiced bass levels as these are used in the gym only. I love the comfort of them as well and need that comfort in my new pair.
The only gripe I have is I am just fed up with the uneven cord length, with the right bud's cord smacking me in the face and getting caught on things while working out.(i tuck the main cord into my shirt and the cord split is at my collar)

So what is the best earbud for me that has similar frequency response, with equal cord lengths, under $100, and just as comfortable?

Jan 22, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #2 of 13
While according to headrooms freq. resp. graph the Thinksound Rain's are very similar with even slightly more from 20Hz-100Hz, countless reviews state that after personally using them they are actually lacking in the bass department. Many compare to the bass heavy CX300 II's.

Mar 1, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #5 of 13
I had a pair of these. The longer chord is suppose to wrap behind your neck into your other ear. Just wondering if your wearing them properly.

Mar 2, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #6 of 13
In that case no I am not....but I would never wear any headphones like that as that would not be comfortable. I clip my mp3 player to my waist and run the cord up and inside my shirt , then pop the buds out of the collar to my ears with very little slack. Unfortunately the right phone's cord is so darn long that it creates issues sometimes.

Thanks for the reccomendations akacoke!

Mar 4, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #8 of 13
^  i prefer my m2 over the eterna,  after i couple days with them, i think they are not really my cup of tea, i still can enjoy them , but they are just not my sound

m2 is overall very good for 59.99, they are tough, the case and tips are awsome. i really love the mid range on those.

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #9 of 13
NuForce NE-700X ($65) & Monster Turbines ($74) can both be had from Amazon and they fit your description.  However, I think the Turbines are too heavy for Gym use (they have a tendency to pull out when running, at least on me they do).  Also check out the Phonak Audeo Perfect Bass headphones...they will run you 90 and go up and over your ears.  Perfect for the gym.  And yes, they all have symmetrical cables.  :)

Mar 13, 2011 at 9:56 AM Post #10 of 13
The Nu-Force 700's have great reviews, but they seem to agree that while the bass is darn clean especially for the size and price, that it is not in abundance and the highs are revealing/accurate.....which is something my ears and tinnitus cannot handle.  I unfortunately need a muffled high end.
So perhaps the M2's would be better for me.

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #11 of 13
That was a great comment and thanks for the insight. 

At first I said "Darn that Sennheiser! The cords screwed up!  But I quickly releazied it was supposed to be this way...that led to say "What the Hell"!  I just read your post and now I get it.

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #12 of 13
Yer I'm in a similar situation to you, I used to love me cx300II's, but after my last really long listening session I really tried hard to analyse them, and although I'm really inexperienced, I could pick out flaws really easily. Now when I'm barely even paying attention to the music, the weaknesses of them are blatantly obvious. I feel like I'm doing my ears a dis-service by even looking at them haha. 

You should check out this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-229-iems-compared-altec-lansing-uhp336-ue-superfi3-hippo-10eb-added-03-11-12
It has a review of over 200 IEM's, you should be able to find one to suit your needs :)

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #13 of 13
I love the Panasonic RP-HJE450. It is so comfortable. It is ergonomically shaped and has oval nozzles. It has 12.5 mm drives and produces plenty of bass that sounds natural. it also has nice highs and plenty of detail. it is ported, so it doesn't isolate that well.  It is around $25 on Amazon.

I guess some will recomment the Audio Technica ATH-CKS55.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back