Sennheiser CX300 and Creative EP630 comparison
Feb 23, 2007 at 6:40 AM Post #16 of 26
Great thread, just saved me 30 bux! As for the sound signature, if there is a difference, it sounds like you give up a little detail for bass, not bad. goin with the deal, eps. thanks

Apr 4, 2007 at 1:08 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by ripperu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since you have mentioned it Striker: they are identical since both of them are manufactured by the same assembly plant

The good point is: how could you find the difference ?
a) subjectivity (no offence Striker...)
b) in any manufacture are high's and low's.So...You sell the high's as Sennheiser for people who care about it....and low's goes for youngsters who cannot afford a good brand, and save your production progress...

I knew they were produced in the same factory, that's why it was IMO important to state that they are indeed different.

As I said the difference in sound is clear. There's no subjectivity in that. The subjectivity lies in which I prefer.

Now the difference comes either from:
-different specifications (A car factory outputing one model does not put the same engine in every unit produced)
-different quality standards as you suggested (though I find it unlikely that the output quality in a headphone factory should be so random)
-defects in one or both of the pairs I bought that make them sound diferent from one another.

Apr 4, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #20 of 26
IMO, CX300 is more detail, less bassy, a little harsh compare to EP630. EP630 has better mid and bass, but sound warmer and muddier in comparison. I believe this observation is close to that of striker. On extra note, I got both pretty much in the same time and both have 50+ hours of burn in before I did my A/B test on them.

Apr 18, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by bazmonkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIW, I can also verify that the popping during insertion isn't an indicator of a fake pair.

Does that mean that my 99 cent fake CX300's might be real? I was assuming mine are fake because they sound like crap, they were $.99, and they have that pop. Oh I think the left ear plug shocked me too!

Apr 18, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #22 of 26
The pair I used to have has that popping too, and it was bought from a legit local store, so that pop doesn't really mean anything.

Apr 19, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #24 of 26
The EP630 is certainly a little bass heavy, I had to pull the bass down in EQ and raise the treble side of things. I also find it lacking in treble extension and detail. But bass heads will love them, and for most ppl, who arent too picky on SQ, the bass will make them go wow first before anything else, especially with pop, techno electronic music

Apr 20, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeidein /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got a pair of Sennheiser CX-300s on eBay. Hope they're real!

How much did you pay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back