Sennheiser CX 300 IEM (a personal review)
Jul 25, 2006 at 12:20 PM Post #361 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by esfrost
Hi everyone!

I think i wanna buy a new IEM for myself, so i need some advice. I have a koss the plug at the moment. I relly like its bass and it fits very well in my ears. How is it compared to the koss the plug? thx in advance!

-marci

I've heard CX300s, but not The Plugs. To my ears they sound quite good for $40, very punchy bass, much bassier than my Shure's. You should find it quite a pleasure to listen to. If you buy it new, do make sure to give it some time to break-in.

Jul 27, 2006 at 11:06 AM Post #362 of 554
Recieved mine today. A problem i have is that the left side wire is really short and the right is really long, i know its the J design but is there anyway to lengthen the left side as it seems all teh weights is hanging on my left ear, also it looks stupid when you have the wires running under your t-shirt you can see the meeting part of each side of the wire above your t-shirt.

Hope you can make sense of that, anyone got any ideas? If not im gonna send them back and get the creative's.

Jul 27, 2006 at 11:14 AM Post #363 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by stuartw101
Recieved mine today. A problem i have is that the left side wire is really short and the right is really long, i know its the J design but is there anyway to lengthen the left side as it seems all teh weights is hanging on my left ear, also it looks stupid when you have the wires running under your t-shirt you can see the meeting part of each side of the wire above your t-shirt.

Hope you can make sense of that, anyone got any ideas? If not im gonna send them back and get the creative's.

The long line goes BEHIND your neck not infront under your chin. Takes a little getting used to but it does work well.

Simon

Jul 27, 2006 at 11:29 AM Post #364 of 554
Yeah, but the left side which is much shorter is just too short, im 6ft 3 so as you can imagine how short it is for me. I dont think i will be able to return them either as i have opened the box they came in.

Jul 28, 2006 at 6:32 AM Post #365 of 554
I bought a pair of the cx300's here in the UK, I was looking for a fairly good quality iem i could use at the gym with my 2gb nano. I was finding that although my Im716's sound great, the inline remote is a bit of a pain when using the gym.

I've been using for 4 days now and i am really impressed with these phones. Good build quality and for the price, excellent sound quality. Not as detailed as my im716's but imo better than the shure e2's i used to use a while back.

I'm using the medium buds and find the sound is nice and detailed, the bass isnt too muddy either.

Jul 28, 2006 at 9:57 PM Post #368 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by moiee
This might be a lame question but which side do i put in the ear buds on the headphones? does the narrow part stick out or the wider part?

You want the rounded portion (which I assume you mean by "narrow part") facing out and going into your ear. Do a quick look for pics online. It's pretty clear.

Jul 28, 2006 at 10:29 PM Post #369 of 554
Quote:

btw, has anyone seen these cans at $40 recently?

If you subscribe to the theory that Creative EP-630's are the same as Senn CX-300's, the EP-630's are available often from the Creative store on Ebay for $29.99 plus shipping.

Jul 29, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #372 of 554
Well, I think it might be time to upgrade my budget IEMs since the new college semester is about to start. So, would these be a decent step up from the Panny HJE-50? Mostly rock and metal, and the HJE-50 seems to do decently, but lacks soundstage and oomph.

Oh, and while were at it, can the triflanges for shures be used on these? I would think they would fit just fine...

Aug 7, 2006 at 3:25 PM Post #373 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by moiee
Can you get replacement earbuds from somewhere too? (uk)

The only place I know of that supplies replacement tips is audiocubes. (Note that while these are listed for Sony EX series, they are pretty much indistinguishable from the Sennheiser CX300 and Creative EP-630 tips.) $10 + shipping for a single pair isn't exactly a steal, but short of buying a new set of IEMs, it may be your only choice (folks, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Aug 7, 2006 at 4:05 PM Post #374 of 554
This was the first IEM for me and i wasn't too impressed.
frown.gif
Too bassy and muddy. Low highs and not too detailed. Used them with a Zen Micro, sold them today. Planning to buy some Etys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back