Sennheiser CX 300 IEM (a personal review)
Jul 9, 2006 at 9:05 PM Post #346 of 554
And I'd like to know if there are any compatible ear-fit rings from other manufacturers than Sennheiser. The small ring is too tiny for my ears, but the medium one is too big and causes discomfort. Does anyone know if there's a possibilty to use more comfortable, perhaps softer ear-fit rings with the CX 300?

Jul 9, 2006 at 9:35 PM Post #347 of 554
The medium earpieces from the Panasonic hje50's are a little smaller than the CX300 mediums but not as small as the CX300 small earpieces. I may have a pair of mediums from my hje50's lying around somewhere. PM me if you want em.

Jul 10, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #348 of 554
This tiny semi-canal phone rocks for the price. It blows away the Sony EX71sl miles!!!
Though bass is overwhelming than PX100, it is fast and more controlled. Mid range is not recessed, treble is quite beautiful with more details. It has the signature of sennheiser (that of HD497) in a different way. Soundstage is good.
One thing I noticed is, these are more sensitive than PX100, KSC35 etc, as it gives more volume intensity in a particular volume setting than the other phones.
Extremely light and comfortable. Isolation is pretty good, though it does give you out of this world kind of tight isolation.
Very good value for money.

Jul 18, 2006 at 3:44 PM Post #350 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai
How easy will IEMs such as these break? I'm trying to think whether I should get a carrying case of some sort.

i'm not sure if this one has been suggested yet, and i'm not going carefully thru the whole thread looking, but etymotic sells 2 small pouches, one zippered, the other with velcro closure, for $4 each. these seems like good, inexpensive solutions for protection and portability.

Jul 18, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #352 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek
i'm not sure if this one has been suggested yet, and i'm not going carefully thru the whole thread looking, but etymotic sells 2 small pouches, one zippered, the other with velcro closure, for $4 each. these seems like good, inexpensive solutions for protection and portability.

Koss sells some inexpensive, molded cases as well (the $8, zippered "Carrying Case D" looks most appropriate). I personally use a sliding-top tin I picked up at shop called Black Ink in Cambridge, MA. It's about the size of a standard Altoid's container...which I guess means we can add the ever-versatile Altoids tin to another list of solutions.
etysmile.gif

EDIT: I should also note that I'm frequently in the habit of just dropping the CX300 in my bag, unprotected, when I'm in a hurry, and they've held up just fine over the past couple of months. I use them almost daily on the go.

Jul 20, 2006 at 4:58 PM Post #353 of 554
So I came home with my CX300 today.
My earlier phones were the Creative EP-630, and I had expectations that the CX300 would be a bit better. I took them out of the package, from where they came with the Medium sized siliconbuds on, and shove them into my ears. Music on. What the hell? The sound were very muddy and felt distant. Panic.

HOWEVER!
I then remembered "Wait a sec, I used the small sized buds for my EP630". So I did a switch of buds to the smaller ones. Insert bud, music on. Whoa. WHOA! Now this is what I was looking for! Out came beautiful sound.

For anyone unhappy with the sound of their CX300, try switching the buds to a smaller or bigger size. It really DOES change sound quality.

I now use the smaller ones, the problem is they give less isolation but better sound. Anyhow, I'm very happy with these buds. I say they're nicer than the EP630's (Haven't tried the MD33's).

I don't want to take them out of my ears!
smily_headphones1.gif

And oh, thanks for making this thread and the review, you were the one that made me buy these babies. I'd never heard of them before this thread.

Jul 20, 2006 at 6:05 PM Post #355 of 554
Why would the size of buds affect the sound quality?

Im still undecided about whether or not to the the Sennheiser CX300's or Creative EP630's. Both had good reviews it just about which one is better, and i see alot of ppl here have that problem aswell. Both very similar in price.

Jul 20, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #356 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191
Does the CX300 not come with bunch of buds?

Yeah, 3 different sizes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuartw101
Why would the size of buds affect the sound quality?

What I meant was, with the bigger ones, I imagine I can't get the buds into my ear canal as much as with the smaller ones, therefore the sound won't appear as brilliant.

Don't take it literally
smily_headphones1.gif

I say go for the CX300's!

Jul 22, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #359 of 554
Ignore that question. I just really need to know whether or not i should get the cx 300 at £22.99 or ep 630 for £16 ?

A really difficult decision, i guess the extra year warranty the cx300's have is worth the extra £7? But sound wise which is better?

Jul 25, 2006 at 11:24 AM Post #360 of 554
Hi everyone!

I think i wanna buy a new IEM for myself, so i need some advice. I have a koss the plug at the moment. I relly like its bass and it fits very well in my ears. How is it compared to the koss the plug? thx in advance!

-marci

Users who are viewing this thread

Back