Sennheiser CX 300 IEM (a personal review)
Mar 3, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #226 of 554
If Yonies can afford to sell at $38, the other dealers are price gouging. I'm not having that. I'm just going to wait for Amazon to lower their price again to save on shipping, $10.85 for standard shipping is ludicrous.

Mar 3, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #227 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by asap2006
After a few more hours of listening...the highs seem to be less sibilant, I tried jamming them into my ear even more (using the small tips, they provided a better fit, my ears are smalli guess) and the highs settled down a good deal, but then the bass became even more prominent. The other major problem for me is that vocals seem to be veiled, sounds like a midrange issue to me, round 1khz.

Midrange continues to be hard to judge as its overpowered by the upper bass frequencies (100hz and above)

Overall they're getting better and I guess bass is just REALLY LOUD...we'll see how they get after a few more hours.

Different tips would be very interesting to experiment with.

The smallest tips are useless. I always use the biggest tips they give. It provides the best seal.

Mar 4, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #228 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamP
The smallest tips are useless. I always use the biggest tips they give. It provides the best seal.

They are for babies.
tongue.gif
I use the medium tips.

Mar 4, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #229 of 554
Quote:

Yea I'd like to learn more about tips that fit these. I just got these and first impression isnt too good right now...treble seems harsh and fatiguing and I have these things jammed into my ear. Bass seems overblown and boomy.

I have to agree with you asap2006, after 3 days or so of using I feel the bass is really boomy. The worst part is jamming these suckers in to get a good seal hurt my ears, and after using them (for let's say) 10 minutes my ears fill like they have major earwax build up. Anyone experiencing this problem?

Mar 4, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #231 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoMoreNIU
Anyone experiencing this problem?

not me. i really like them.
there is def. somewhat of a boost in the bass frequencies, but it's tight , imo. the the highs are smooth, maybe the mids are a tad recessed
i would describe them as sounding kinda bassy, warm, smooth, but at the same time detailed. i also find them to be pretty comfortbale.

i purchased mine used, and assume they have been burned in quite a bit though...so maybe that has something to do with it.

Mar 4, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #232 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBrown
As I said before, I ordered a pair from Yonies. When I placed the order, I made a mistake in my address, they called me shortly thereafter to correct the mistake and I received any e-mail a little later to confirm that the 'phones had shipped. Those of you looking to purchase these headphones, I would definitely recommend Yonies.

Have you seen other reviews for this merchant? Theyre the only ones that ship internationally (manila, phils) but Im quite hesitant in ordering since you said they dont have reviews. Theyre legit right?
biggrin.gif
Did they charge the correct amount on your credit card?

Mar 4, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #233 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by dranoel4190
Have you seen other reviews for this merchant? Theyre the only ones that ship internationally (manila, phils) but Im quite hesitant in ordering since you said they dont have reviews. Theyre legit right?
biggrin.gif
Did they charge the correct amount on your credit card?

In all honesty, I was a little worried when they called me to tell me they had a problem with my card matching my address, but they corrected the address and called back to verify that the problem had been fixed, and then I received an email from them a little later telling me it had been shipped. I just checked my acct. and only $48 was charged, so yes, they charged the correct amount.

I can't really tell you definitively to go with them seeing as I haven't received the phones yet, but from what I have seen so far, you have nothing to worry about.

Mar 4, 2006 at 10:05 AM Post #234 of 554
I ordered from yonies and I received the phones, package was kind of ghetto, wrapped in brown bag material then taped up all around but the inner cx 300 packaging was fine. They were fast in shipping it out, got it in 3 days so I'm happy.

Bass does seem to be slightly boomy, but I don't think it's overpowering, we'll see what happens after some burn in.

Mar 4, 2006 at 4:55 PM Post #235 of 554
I just ordered from Yonies too today (black ones - silver is out of stock). I figured that even if Amazon got them back in, it would only be $6 more since they charge tax and that assumes they sell them at that price again and offer free shipping. I think there was some confusion from Sennheiser in regards to price. Perhaps Amazon sold the batches they bought at a lower price and now are selling based on what the new costs are? If so, they will not go down again unless they run a special, perhaps. At any rate, perhaps Yonies price will also go up and their current price is due to them not knowing what the actual price is now?

Needless to say, I took the "Deal or no Deal" approach and gambled the extra $6. I would rather enjoy them now rather than wait for them to possibly go back to $40 at Amazon.

I almost bought the Shure 2c or 3c's. The 2c's seem too big and I do not like how they hook over the ears (they did this due to the size of the buds in order to counter their shape and weight). The 3c's seem okay, though I can not ration paying $190 for buds. My Archo 402 was $209, so the ratio seemed too absurd to me.

Mar 5, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #237 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBrown
In all honesty, I was a little worried when they called me to tell me they had a problem with my card matching my address, but they corrected the address and called back to verify that the problem had been fixed, and then I received an email from them a little later telling me it had been shipped. I just checked my acct. and only $48 was charged, so yes, they charged the correct amount.

I can't really tell you definitively to go with them seeing as I haven't received the phones yet, but from what I have seen so far, you have nothing to worry about.

Thanks. I just ordered and had them ship it here via air parcel. cant wait
icon10.gif

Mar 5, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #238 of 554
Anybody know if those Comply Canal Tips from earphone solutions (i think they're the ones included with the UM1 and UM2's) would fit on the cx300?

They fit the UM1, 2, shure e3,4,5c....

Mar 5, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #239 of 554
Quote:

Anybody know if those Comply Canal Tips from earphone solutions (i think they're the ones included with the UM1 and UM2's) would fit on the cx300?

They fit the UM1, 2, shure e3,4,5c....

I'd reckon not. They don't fit the Super.fi and the cx300 looked to me like it had an even wider sound tube than the Super.fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back