Sennheiser CX 300 IEM (a personal review)
Oct 29, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #421 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by chanthing
Now I'm thinking about getting a pair of Ultimate Ears, either the superfi 5 Pros or the superfi 3 studios. Would the 3's be an improvement over the cx300's?

-- Thing

if you like the sound of the cx300, i think youll be disappointed with the sf3. theyre kinda dull and flat sounding. sold mine after auditioning it for a few hours.

i would suggest go with the super.fi 5 pros

Oct 30, 2006 at 4:47 AM Post #422 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjohnusa
I would bet the ranch those are knock offs. Be very careful with anything coming out of China.

I own and love the silver CX300 I bought from Amazon, yesterday I ordered the white CX300 with package via eBay, once I get the white CX300 I'll report back. I hope they're authentic, if not I'll be demanding a refund.

Oct 30, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #423 of 554
I agree on the bass heavy nature of the CX300! It has more bass which is not as boomy as EX1sl known to be!
I really do not like the microphnics and occlusion!
If I am to upgrade to an IEM, what is the best IEM without microphonics?

Oct 30, 2006 at 8:51 AM Post #424 of 554
I don't think you will find an IEM without any microphonics or occlusion. The best way to avoid this completely is to pull them out of you ears!

I hated the cable effect of the CX300. Then is shorted it to be like a Y, and I wear it down my neck inside my shirt. MUCH better. Less rubbing and wind whistling. I really want to do a re cable but I don't know if it will work with these. I can get the silver ring off but am scared to crack open the capsule

Oct 30, 2006 at 8:54 AM Post #425 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by chanthing
I mod'd them by using cloth tape to tape the first couple inches of the cable after the ear units to a thin piece of relatively stiff wire bent into a shape that hangs on my ear. That way, I can route the wire up and over my ear. It helps the handling issues significantly.
The J-cable is horrible. It is asymmetric to the point of absurdity.

Quoted for truth!

I have turned mine into a Y, shortening the longer arm with a knot and some tape. However I like your cloth tape and wire idea! I wanted to do some shrink wrapping, but the plug would have to be cut off and some of these wires don't solder, do they?

Oct 30, 2006 at 10:20 AM Post #427 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woosh
anyone know if the cx300 carries any distinct senn sound signatures? i don't have any others senns and havnt listened to them higher end models to comment

I would say not. I find the fact that it is an canalphone makes it very different from the others in the range. Whilst it is a dynamic driver I do not think it is related to the drivers which Sennheiser make for their range. I believe this is made by a third party and branded. However, I like it and I like many other Sennheiser models so for me, that is what counts

Nov 2, 2006 at 8:45 AM Post #429 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by skg
when I insert them into ears, I hear as the membrane is bent and uttered (some click)
is this normal ??

The membrane? Do you mean the driver or the rubber seals?

Nov 2, 2006 at 9:56 AM Post #430 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by lipidicman
The membrane? Do you mean the driver or the rubber seals?

yea it's dynamic driver.
i hear the click then i put it in my ears
Probably it occurs because air pressure

is this normal

Nov 2, 2006 at 10:35 AM Post #431 of 554
Yeah, pressure, or moisture in your ears

Hold your ear at the back and pull the ear up when you push it in. It will then seal when you release and this will prevent pressure problems. My ear canals bend, so if I push too far the sound becomes muffled, if this is the case just pull them out a little

Nov 2, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #432 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by skg
yea it's dynamic driver.
i hear the click then i put it in my ears
Probably it occurs because air pressure

is this normal

As far as "normal" goes, it has been known to happen before with earphones like this, but I wouldn't say it's the expected behavior. The pressure created by quick insertion may be too great for the tiny vents below the metal ring to equalize. Do you experience this "clicking" sound no matter how slowly you insert the earphones (or when wriggling them in or using the "ear-lifting" technique described above)? What happens with different-sized sleeves?

FWIW, I never had it occur with my CX300, but I did experience it with the ATH-CK7, and then only when using medium-sized super.fi sleeves. I noticed those sleeves sealed over the housing and kept air from escaping out the vent (a small hole in that case) when I pressed them into my ears. Others have reported hearing this clicking sound when they modified their EX-90s to cover the vents in back.

Soooooooooo...in any case, it does sound like your earphones aren't venting properly, at least for the way you're inserting them. Whether it could potentially damage the drivers over time, I don't know...

Nov 4, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #434 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by skg
сan i change ths headset in shop? I have a guarantee 1 year

I'd say it depends on where you bought them from...but it's definitely worth a shot. If that doesn't work out, you should be able to have Sennheiser repair or replace them under warranty.

Nov 6, 2006 at 6:25 PM Post #435 of 554
Halo everyone, I'm doubting of whether 2 get Sennheiser CX300 or Audio-Technica CK7, can anyone give me some review & comparison of these 2 phones? I'm basically prefer blasting techno & rock songs over soft music. Looking for a better bass without ignoring the clarity of treble also. Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back