Sennheiser CX-300 Authentic or Not
Oct 19, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #31 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by iyzmi
I sent this:
I have recieved the Sennheiser CX300 headphones that you sent and I am questioning if these are genuine as promised or not. Some questinable features of these headphones are:
1. There was no original plastic on cardboard style packaging included like with real ones. The kind that come in a plastic bag like these are not real according to everybody I've heard from.
2. The silicone tips make a popping noise while moving back and forth in my ears which does not happen with authentic ones.
3. The metal grille is slightly different from the genuine ones. On these it looks like it has been pushed in from the outside, on real ones it is inserted from the inside.
Do you have any explanations for these facts? If you do not have any explanations and these headphones aren't genuine as you have stated I would like a refund. If you do not have explanations and do not offer a refund I may report this to eBay. Positive feedback can still be exchanged if everything works out. Thank you for your time.

That is more appropriate than your previous draft of the message. I wonder what he'll say?

Oct 19, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #32 of 49
He responded with:
if you are not happy with them , you can send them back for a refund. try them out . i love my pair and use them everyday

Then I said:
Sending them back would meen that I would have to pay for shipping. I do not want to do this if they are fake. If I was lied to in the auction I shouldn't have to pay for the return shipping because it is not my fault. Again, if you do not have any explanations for my observations as to why I think these headphones are not authentic, I would like a refun, and I can send them back to you at your expence for shipping. I think this is only fair considering I paid for authentic CX-300s and recieved fake ones. Thank you for you quick responce, I really appreciate it.

It's been a while and he hasn't responded yet...

Oct 19, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #33 of 49
He said:
i have not had any problems with these at all i bought them sealed so i assume they are real. mine are great as i said. shipping back to me air letter post will only cost you $.63

I responded:
I can assure you, Sennheiser only sells these headphones in plastic on carboard style packaging. Only ripoff companys sell them in packets. I have confirmed this. If you do not know what you are selling then you shouldn't be selling it. A bit off topic but if shipping is only $.63 why was I charged $9.99 for it? I have opened these and tried them so I don't think you will be able to re-sell them. I will do a bit more research on these fake headphones that come in bags but in the meen time my request for a refund is still out there, plus the $.63 for return shipping youd like. I'm sorry but I don't think I should even be charged $.63 for an auction in which I was promised an authentic product and got a fake one.

Oct 20, 2006 at 10:29 PM Post #35 of 49
I opened a PayPal dispute yesterday and I just sent the headphones back today, I'm expecting him to cover return shipping. Just purchased some EP630s off Amazon.com for $30...they were $28 yesterday so that kind of upset me. Anyways, now I just have to wait for my refund and for my EP630s to come in. I hope I made the right decision and these sound better than the ripoff CX330s I gave back.

Oct 23, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #36 of 49
He changed his mind...

He wrote:
you know what ?? i will give you a refund and you will not have to send the item back if you leave me positive feedback now. we can then forget this whole thing ever happened and you can purchase the item you wanted another time.

I responded:
Wow...good idea AFTER I sent them back already. Unless you want to re-send them to me after you get them I don't see how the idea of me keeping them and you getting positive feedback for it will work. Your choices are: pay the $.63 again (price w/o tracking) amd send them back to me OR send me $1.23 to repay the return shipping price I paid. If you choose the 1st option of sending them back to me and refunding the purchase price then my total loss would be $1.23 that I paid for shipping and I guess these fake CX300s would be worth $1.23 and you would recieve positive feedback without any mention of the product not being authentic. Also, this would mean you pay less because that shipping wouldn't involve a tracking number. Choose one of those options and email me back asap.

This is really annoying....like he couldn't have thought of that idea BEFORE I sent them back...

Oct 28, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #37 of 49
But notice his wording...he says he'll give a refund if you leave positive feedback. The feedback is the GREATEST hold a buyer has on the seller. I bet as soon as you leave a positive you've lost your chances for a refund. But you already sent it back anyway...oh well.

Oct 28, 2006 at 5:10 PM Post #39 of 49
I made a stupid mistake and left him feedback after I recieved the refund like he asked me to do. Problem is I didn't get my $1.23 back or the positive feedback from his end, both as promised by him...

Oct 28, 2006 at 6:51 PM Post #40 of 49
Oct 29, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #41 of 49
Quote:

People: these headphones, now sold by Sennheiser, AKG, Creative, and Sharp seem to be all produced by Foster's of Japan, a big headphone supplier and also corporate father of Fostex, who have the only remaining orthodynamic headphones in production. No matter which of these you have, it was very likely made by Foster's at their factories in China.

Yes, I too posted this fact few months back. But later found out Fosters, only provide the outer casing and driver housing to at least Creative and Sennheiser. CX300 has a different driver made by Sennheiser and their customer service has approved that several times. Creative may well be using their own drive too. So it is only the outer look that is given by the Fosters!!!

Oct 29, 2006 at 5:44 AM Post #42 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Huxley
Done a bit of chasing and those ones you posted do appear to be fakes, i bought mine from ebay for £10 but i think i got lucky and got genuine ones

Have a look on this thread it shows the differences

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?p=101698

This the guy i bought mine off and despite them coming in a sealed bag like yours i really can see any signs of them being fakes plus they sound great now ive run them in decently

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ayphotohosting

Did you disassemble your to see the speackers? If they came in a plastic bag they are most likeley not authentic. Mine sounded pretty good too, I should get my EP630s on Wednesday so I'll have somthing to compare them to.

Oct 29, 2006 at 7:48 AM Post #43 of 49
no i havent but now you mention mine might be fakes hmm i dunno....i might just plump for a set of ue super pro 5's

when i get another pair i'll post up the results

Oct 29, 2006 at 1:37 PM Post #44 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama
Yes, I too posted this fact few months back. But later found out Fosters, only provide the outer casing and driver housing to at least Creative and Sennheiser. CX300 has a different driver made by Sennheiser and their customer service has approved that several times. Creative may well be using their own drive too. So it is only the outer look that is given by the Fosters!!!

Very interesting! Where did you first hear about this? It doesn't make any economic sense to ship empty housings and install drivers in Europe, so I'm guessing that Foster's did the actual manufacturing in any case. But even so, this could finally be some indication that Senn, Creative, et al did at least go to the trouble to order differently spec'd drivers, and perhaps even design the specifications themselves.

But I wouldn't trust Senn's customer service as a source; nobody tells customer service people anything. And marketing people usually prefer just to say what sounds good rather than trouble to call the engineering department and find out the truth. I remember some great stories from a friend of mine who is an engineer at a design firm, who sometimes would get an extra month of work because some marketing guy glibly lied to the client.

Oct 31, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #45 of 49
I got my EP630s today and they sound AMAZING! For one thing, the isolation is much better than on the fake CX300s and they are much easier to put in. The bass is deeper and I'm not completely sure yet but I think the overall sound quality is also better.

As for the seller, he left my positive feedback but claims to have never recieved the package (even though I know he has through tracking) and therefore isn't paying the $1.23. DO NOT BUY FROM 123_wholesale ! My total loss from the whole ebay thing is only $1.23 so oh well. He left an advertisment for himself in the feedback he left me: "EXCELLENT EBAYER!!! ..........123_WHOLESALE.......Were All Auctions Start @ .01".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back