Sennheiser CX-300 Authentic or Not
Oct 17, 2006 at 4:13 AM Post #17 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by iyzmi
While I'm waiting for these to come in, what is the best price available currently for authentic ones. I see that on amazon.com the black ones are about $5 cheaper than silver...why is that? The black ones are $47 with free shipping, does any site have better than that?

I guess the little extra money absolutely worth it if you decide to get them no matter what. Comparing between the sound quality of fake ones and authentic ones is like comparing a Fiat to Ferrari.

Oct 17, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #19 of 49
Ok, I feel as though I should interject here. If you are really worried about getting authentic 'phones, simply purchase them from an authorized dealer or straight from the manufacturer if possible. CX-300s aren't really that expensive at all, so purchasing them for retail isn't too big of a deal.

Oct 17, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #20 of 49
Which is what I'll do if the one's I get are fake and if they are, I'll get a refund and probably a free pair of non-authentic headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif
$55 for a non-audiophile such as myself is very expensive for a pair of headphones IMO, it's not exactley pocket change and purchasing them retail will make my wallet lighter... The most expensive headphones I've had are my Sony earphones for $20. I guess I'd be willing to drop the $55 as long as these will last me quite some time and I am blown away by the sound quality in comparison to my Sony's.

Oct 17, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #21 of 49
Hmmm...the seller seems to be getting good feedback on these headphones, maybe they are real. Either that or all these people are just stupid and didn't know what to expect from authentic CX-300s.

Oct 17, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #24 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by iyzmi
Hmmm...the seller seems to be getting good feedback on these headphones, maybe they are real. Either that or all these people are just stupid and didn't know what to expect from authentic CX-300s.

I would guess its the 2nd case here... my friend bought fake ones and he was happy too until the day I tried them on...

Oct 17, 2006 at 11:11 PM Post #25 of 49
Then I guess it will be tough for me to know too since I've never tried real ones. I've heard different reviews on the Ep630s so I'm not sure about them, what do you meen by exactley the same? There must be some differences...

Oct 17, 2006 at 11:29 PM Post #27 of 49
people, don't worry so much about authenticity, worry about sound quality.

ALL of these canalphones (CX300, ep-630, the new AKG's, the sharps, etc.) were originally OEM from a single company, and yes some of the real ones are on ebay for cheap. There are evidently now a wave of bad-sounding ones that are imitations. If you decide to take the gamble on the cheap ones, don't second-guess yourself: it doesn't matter whether they are "real", it matters whether they sound good.

Oct 18, 2006 at 12:11 AM Post #28 of 49
Great...another decsion to make. Now I'm stuck between EP630s or CX-300s. I've never used a J style cord so I don't know what I prefer. What difference does the type of plug make? The biggest thing for me is that the EP630s are $28 and the CX-300s are $55. On that note I'm now leaning toward the EP630s unless somone can give me any real difference in sound quality, or overall quality for that matter, of the EP630s vs CX300s. Based on the links grantman gave me (thanks, those were helpful) there are no differences between the two besides the style of cord and the plug typ, correct?

I am willing to spend about $50 on heaphones (+ or -) so based on that does anybody have any other reccomendations to look at?

EDIT: I see that the stats for the cx330s and ep630s are different. The EP630s have a frequency responce of 6hz-23khz. CX330 are 112dB while ep630 are 106dB. Does this make any difference?

Oct 18, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #29 of 49
I recieved the headphones today, they came in a pouch. They sound pretty good in my very novice opinion. I do notice when I push on them when they are in my ears the silcon tips make a popping noise. The jack is a silver 90 degree style one.The bass is pretty impressive in my opinion but again, I have nothing to compare them to. When I only have one earphone in my ears, they sound pretty bad individually, but when are both are in the sound seems pretty good. Here are some pics I took:
100_1729.jpg

100_1724.jpg

100_1723.jpg

100_1727.jpg

I wrote this to send the seller, tell me if you guys think it's is ok.

I have recieved the "Sennheiser CX-300" headphones that you sent me today and I am very disapointed in the quality. These are NOT authentic CX-300's as promised. Some of the ways I can clearly tell this are:
1. I own a pair of real CX-300s and there is a slight difference on the Sennheiser emblem on each earphone on the one's you have sent me from real ones.
2. The sound quality is NOTHING like my authentic Sennheisers.
3. There was no original plastic on cardboard style packaging included like with real ones. The kind that come in a plastic bag like these are not real.
4. The silicone tips make a popping noise while moving back in forth in my ears which does not happen on authentic ones.
5. The metal grille is slightly different from the genuine ones.
I have more observations on why I know these are not genuine Sennheiser CX-300s. I am requesting a full refund including my shipping price or I will file fraud charges to eBay and get my money back through PayPal. The item you have sent me is not as promised and eBay takes fraud charges like this very seriously. If you would like, I can send these headphones back to you (at your expence). If I recieve a refund I will not file any charges and positive feedback will be exchanged. I don't want to get eBay involved with this or make this into a long proccess so your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and I hope we reach an agreement.

Oct 19, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #30 of 49
I sent this:
I have recieved the Sennheiser CX300 headphones that you sent and I am questioning if these are genuine as promised or not. Some questinable features of these headphones are:
1. There was no original plastic on cardboard style packaging included like with real ones. The kind that come in a plastic bag like these are not real according to everybody I've heard from.
2. The silicone tips make a popping noise while moving back and forth in my ears which does not happen with authentic ones.
3. The metal grille is slightly different from the genuine ones. On these it looks like it has been pushed in from the outside, on real ones it is inserted from the inside.
Do you have any explanations for these facts? If you do not have any explanations and these headphones aren't genuine as you have stated I would like a refund. If you do not have explanations and do not offer a refund I may report this to eBay. Positive feedback can still be exchanged if everything works out. Thank you for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back