Sennheiser Cardas cable same as 4x24 cardas?
Jun 22, 2008 at 3:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Caution

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I've been reading that the Cardas cable matches very nicely with the HD600's. I did a breif search and couldn't find anything I was looking for. My question is, is the wire used in the blue 4x24 DIY cardas wire the same Litz copper wire found in Sennheiser Cardas cable that is premade by cardas?

If it is I'd much rather get one DIY made for cheap :]

Thanks.

Jun 22, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by funch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, same stuff.

You won't get away too cheaply, though. The bulk 4x24 is around 10 bucks a foot, give or take.

$5.75/ft from Percy Audio
wink.gif

Jun 23, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fungi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pretty sure there have been at least 2 versions of the Cardas Senn cable, I think gray and blue, where blue is the one you can DIY and gray is different. Please correct me if I'm wrong
tongue.gif

Both of the grey and blue Cardas cables are exactly the same. In fact, Coleen Cardas had a laughing fit when the "audiophile community" was oohing and aahing that the new Cardas V2 (grey cable) sounded better than the older blue cable.
icon10.gif

Jun 23, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #6 of 11
lol awesome, looks like I can save some $$$ by going DIY. thanks FallenAngel for the store and Thanks everyone else
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 23, 2008 at 2:16 PM Post #8 of 11
I'd rather just spend the extra and get the cardas plugs, it's not like they cost THAT much :p

Jun 23, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caution /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol awesome, looks like I can save some $$$ by going DIY. thanks FallenAngel for the store and Thanks everyone else
smily_headphones1.gif

just make sure you have a powerful soldering iron or be prepared to be very patient. I used the 4x24 to recable my K340.
It was tough to solder the cable to the plug terminals and even worse to solder it at the business end.
After a couple of hours of frustration trying to melt the enamel (or whatever it is) that Cardas covers the copper with using my 20W ratshack iron, I ended up filing away the stuff from each of the 8 wire ends...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back