Sennheiser Cable
Sep 5, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #34 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjumper78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just received the dowin cable (the $69 one) in the mail.
will test it out and give some impressions when i get home.

EDIT:
Price: $69 + $3 shipping (From NY to NJ. Shipped out on 8/30 and arrived 9/4)
Length: 10 feet
Plug: Neutrik NP3C or Canare F16 (Mine came with Canare)
hd580withdowincablegr1.jpg

I only have my cellphone camera =(

I can only compare this to the stock HD580 cable because I haven't had any other aftermarket cables for it.
The first thing I noticed was that the sound was louder. I'd say about 15-20% louder than the stock cable.
It got rid of some of the darkness(muddiness that I experienced before) of HD580, and brought out brighter sound but not bright like Grados.
I also noticed greater clarity with more details.
Didn't do much for bass but I did notice that the lower bass was more defined.
However, I don't think the cable is worth $69. It would be a good deal at about $30 =p

sounds like some cheap SPC comprises the Dowin

Sep 6, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #35 of 45
i've been glued to my hd580 with the new cable since yesterday evening.
it might be too early to tell but the sounds are actually getting better, and i am downloading lots and lots of music in flac format (killing my ratio but my phones deserve good quality music).
i'll be running music on it non-stop for about a week or so, and see how much better it gets.

Sep 14, 2007 at 1:48 PM Post #36 of 45
it's been 10 days since i plugged the dowin cable into my hd580.
the sound is clearer. i heard some hiss when music was playing loud but that's all gone.
i guess cables do need burn-in like people say.
for about a week, my sr325i has not gotten any love from me =)

Oct 8, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #37 of 45
hey if any of you all are still looking for a cable, someone has a really great price on a cardas cable in the fs forum. and its not me, i'm not trying to advertise lol. i just saw it and thought of this thread.

Oct 15, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #39 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone been able to access detail on this cable on their webpage? It does not seem to work for me.

I e-mailed Head-Direct and Fang replied :

" Dear John,

DW12 is for regular using, 10ft length, made by Canare cable. ZY senn cable are portable, 6ft length, made by streetwire Zn7 cable. "

Can anyone comment (give a opinion) on this?

Oct 15, 2007 at 2:03 PM Post #40 of 45
The manufacturer of DW12, DOWINAUDIO, is a famous headphone company in China, just like headroom here. The head of the company is a wadia 860, senn orpheus and AKG K1000 user.

The manufacturer of ZY cable, Mr. Zhangyang, is the No.1 Hifi cable DIYer in China. Most of his business is about Hifi Cables.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Oct 15, 2007 at 2:04 PM Post #41 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by freeone-j /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I e-mailed Head-Direct and Fang replied :

" Dear John,

DW12 is for regular using, 10ft length, made by Canare cable. ZY senn cable are portable, 6ft length, made by streetwire Zn7 cable. "

Can anyone comment (give a opinion) on this?

Sorry I made a mistake here. They are made of Canare cable and streetwire Zn7 cable.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Nov 7, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #42 of 45
Does anyone have experience with either of these cables yet?

Nov 26, 2007 at 9:51 AM Post #44 of 45
Getting onto good cable upgrades, can someone tell me who offers the best price (including shipping to Australia) for items like the Cardas or Silver Dragon? Cheapest I've found is one e-bay seller that lists at $180(US) and $250(US) respectively. Ive tried contacting the Australian Cardas supplier and they never bothredd to respond.

Nov 26, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #45 of 45
What we need is a place to find the connectors so we can get started on some DIY projects. As far as I know, the only way to get them is to hack them off an old Senn cable.

There must be a better way without having to spend a lot of $$$$ for a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back