Sennheiser Amperiors and FiiO x3
Nov 12, 2013 at 1:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rizzlebeliever

New Head-Fier
I've heard that Amps used with the Amperiors are unnecessary since these senns have a lower impedence. In your opinion, is the Fiio X3 worth the upgrade from the sansa clip zip?

Nov 12, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #4 of 4
I know what you mean. I think you will see a sound improvement but it will be a gradual one and not something gut punching. I hear more of a difference in the softer acoustic music than in louder rock or rap. I like both devices. I do not like that the X3 doesn't have an equalizer. I don't usually add too much equalization in music but like some of the changes you can make in the Clip, especially if you Rockbox it. I haven't really heard the Sennheiser Amperiors you are using so I can't tell you if the Sansa has enough power to drive them, I do notice that on most headphones I use with my Fiio X3 I have to lower the volume when compared to the Sansa Clip, on the Clip sometimes I have to go past the mid-line to get it where I like my music. 

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions on the X3 feel free to ask. I'm in no way a pro audiophile but I like my music and my music devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back