Sennheiser 5X8ShortCable (with 3.5mm plug) now available for HD-5x8 owners
Jan 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

AlMargheim

New Head-Fier
Here's some information that might be useful to other Sennheiser HD-518 owners.

Sennheiser is now selling a replacement cable for the HD-518 that is 4.5 feet
long with a 3.5mm plug instead of the 1/4" plug that comes from the factory.
The Sennheiser item number is 5X8SHORTCABLE. The item description is:

"4.5FT Adapter Cable 3.5 to 2.5mm for HD5x8"

I ordered mine from Sennheiser two weeks ago and received it last week.  
Cost was $12.95 + $6.50 shipping.

As far as I know the only way to order it at this time is direct from Sennheiser over the phone.
I ordered mine by calling 877-736-6434. Press 1 to get to Sales.  

I bought my HD-518 after Christmas to use with my HTC Rezound Android phone at work.  I'm not an audiophile but I have to say that the HD-518 and short cable work great together (and sound great)!

-Al

Jan 12, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #2 of 36
this is awesome, does this ship to outside the US as well?

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #4 of 36
The Sennheiser sales representative that I spoke to yesterday said that Sennheiser US won’t ship the 5X8SHORTCABLE overseas, but he is confident the cable is available overseas. He recommended calling one of their overseas sales offices to order the cable over the phone.

-Al

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #5 of 36
alright thanks for the info
biggrin.gif

maybe i'll get the cable some time in the future

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #7 of 36
This post should be a sticky! a lot of people wants this cable! this cable works with the ever popular HD 598 , does someone here live in germany? my german is awful and i called sennheiser Germany germany and they said they don't have that cable but it doesn't make any sense, senhheiser is a german company if there's a store in the world that should have this cable is senhheiser germany! 

Jul 27, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #10 of 36
Hello, i just bought the 518 and the stock cable is really annoying, i tried looking in the website but i cant find the cable anywhere (im on canada) also no luck lookin at amazon =\, any suggestions. U guys know any alternative cable that i could use?

Edit: I managed to find in the sennheiser usa website( idk why when i tried to enter i was fowarded to sennheiser.ca) but theres no options to send to canada, anyone know if they ship to canada?

Aug 15, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #12 of 36
This appears to be the right one.

http://www.divineaudio.co.uk/sennheiser-hd-5x8-1-2m-replacement-cable-with-3-5mm-plug

Should be able to ship it at the very least to any EU country, I would think.

Aug 15, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #13 of 36
Quote:
This appears to be the right one.

http://www.divineaudio.co.uk/sennheiser-hd-5x8-1-2m-replacement-cable-with-3-5mm-plug

Should be able to ship it at the very least to any EU country, I would think.

Thanks a lot Gwalchgwynn , I just ordered one , will be shipping today!

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #14 of 36
Hi guys, well i tried calling Sennheiser Canada but they couldnt find the 5X8SHORTCABLE, the sales guy said that he needs the 6 digit product number and the shortcable is the only one without the number, does anyone know any online store that can make a similar cable to use?

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #15 of 36
Quote:
Hi guys, well i tried calling Sennheiser Canada but they couldnt find the 5X8SHORTCABLE, the sales guy said that he needs the 6 digit product number and the shortcable is the only one without the number, does anyone know any online store that can make a similar cable to use?

There is another cable available on ebay. A number of users including myself have already bought it and are using it now. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back