Sennheiser 19545 pads on Grado phones
Dec 8, 2002 at 8:06 PM Post #31 of 46
dfarina,
I also found leaving the pads in their intended orientation sounds better to me, and really is indistinguishable from the Grado flat donut pads. An added bonus is that they are much more comfortable then the original flats! I found a 32mm socket size to work perfectly for the hole. Unless your going to take Kelly up on his small business endeavor, care to elaborate on the fabric dye procedure, and brand you used?

Dec 8, 2002 at 8:29 PM Post #32 of 46
I'll be your customer. Set your price.
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2002 at 10:11 PM Post #34 of 46
Dave,

Quote:

care to elaborate on the fabric dye procedure, and brand you used?

I too would really like to hear more about the type and technique of dying that you used.
Any problems with smudging or getting other things (like ears) black with dye?

Should we expect a rush at JoAnn fabrics from a bunch of guys who never set foot in the store before?(all asking for black fabric dye)

Thanks again,
Tim

Dec 9, 2002 at 4:13 AM Post #36 of 46
Quote:

Originally posted by thsu02
Dave,

I too would really like to hear more about the type and technique of dying that you used.
Any problems with smudging or getting other things (like ears) black with dye?

Should we expect a rush at JoAnn fabrics from a bunch of guys who never set foot in the store before?(all asking for black fabric dye)

Thanks again,
Tim

The brand of dye I used was TINTEX,I also considered using grey,but went with black.The instructions stated to use as hot as water as possible for 20-30 min.I used a medium sized pot,filled it up half way,and put it on the stove for 1/2 hour,then rinsed it until the water was clear.Make sure all the air pockets are out of the pads when they are in the pot.Piece of cake
wink.gif

Dec 9, 2002 at 7:03 AM Post #38 of 46
I just ordered a pair of these pads. They look great. I kind of like the incredibly ostentatious yellow color, too!

One question, though, what is a "socket"? I'd love to get that perfectly-round hole. I'm not a tool guy, so I don't know what this is, but my dad has a tool kit in the garage. Could someone post a description (and preferably a picture) of what this thing is, and how to make the hole with it?

Thanks,
- Chris

Dec 9, 2002 at 7:58 AM Post #40 of 46
Quote:

Originally posted by Pepsione1
Anyone want to ship some of those pads to canada for me? I am sure there are more people interested in these new found wonder than just me (that's also in canada of course).
wink.gif

OO OO OO count me in too if this happens!!!!

Dec 9, 2002 at 3:01 PM Post #41 of 46
Quote:

Originally posted by Pepsione1
Anyone want to ship some of those pads to canada for me? I am sure there are more people interested in these new found wonder than just me (that's also in canada of course).
wink.gif

Call Sennheiser Canada and ask for Jacques at 1-800-463-1006

Dec 10, 2002 at 5:54 PM Post #42 of 46
I posted a long time ago about taking the flat Grado comfies, and attaching - best by sewing(even 8th grade life skills sewing skills will do) - the very comfortable cloth from the Senn HD-495 pads on top of them. Although anything comfy will do, I just happened to have those laying 'round.

I find that any type of foam is scratchy and/or abrasive and/or hot. So just sewing a thin piece of soft cloth onto any foam pads will make things 10x better.

Dec 10, 2002 at 6:48 PM Post #43 of 46
i just got my grado soft pads in the mail, tried them out... blah! slightly gritty, and they made my ears warm after just a little while. not worth $17
frown.gif

however, I also happened to recieve yesterday a block of "memory foam" - the kind that posturpedic mattresses are made from. I got a free sample, about 1.5 x 3 x 4 inches from http://www.foamorder.com. I'm gonna ty to figure out how to cut this stuff and make the most comfortable pads EVER
smily_headphones1.gif

Austin

Feb 23, 2003 at 12:13 AM Post #44 of 46
Quote:

Originally posted by minya
I just ordered a pair of these pads. They look great. I kind of like the incredibly ostentatious yellow color, too!

One question, though, what is a "socket"? I'd love to get that perfectly-round hole. I'm not a tool guy, so I don't know what this is, but my dad has a tool kit in the garage. Could someone post a description (and preferably a picture) of what this thing is, and how to make the hole with it?

Thanks,
- Chris

same question!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back