Senn warranty?
Aug 9, 2004 at 9:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

gaboo

100+ Head-Fier
Has anybody managed to talk to Sennheiser service people?

I have a Senn 280 (purchased about a year ago after much reading on this site) that has developed the ubiqutous headband cracks that others have mentioned here...

It's very easy to get a tracking number of Sennheiser web site, but has anyone managed to talk to these people on the phone? I must have spent over an hour two days in a row waiting for them to pick up the dam' phone, to no avail
mad.gif

I want to make sure that they'll honor their warranty before I send my phones in... I'm not woried by the cracks themselves (others seem to have succeeded with the same problem). What I am worried about is that I bought them off Amazon, and I can at best provide a printed web page as "receipt".

Since I cannot get these fokes to pick up the phone, I'm going to ask for the community experience in this regard. Did Sennheiser grant/refuse service to people that bought stuff from Amazon? Does Sennheiser play the the "not from authorized dealer" game? It cannot tell if Amazon is authorized or not...

Aug 9, 2004 at 12:32 PM Post #2 of 6
The printed web page as a receipt is all you should need. I just did that with HD-650's. Go through the online service request, which will generate a mailing label with RA number. Print the label, and make sure the RA number is on your package. Enclose a note in the package describing the problem, and proof of purchase. I used a printout of a web page describing my order. A copy of an e-mail receipt will work as well. As long as it has your name, address, item purchased, price, and name of authorized vendor, you should be fine. Mine got back to me about a week after I sent them out, repaired at no charge.

Aug 9, 2004 at 2:16 PM Post #3 of 6
I'll just go ahead and send it then! My address changed since I bought them, but I hope they won't complain about it...

Aug 9, 2004 at 2:43 PM Post #4 of 6
don't know if this helps, but i bought my 650s in Hong Kong, the right driver works erradically, so i took my phones along with receipt to the HK distributor, they gave me a new set

and now it's perfect

Aug 9, 2004 at 2:48 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks, I'm in the US. The business model for service here seems to be "nobody picks up the phone"
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back