Senn PC360 vs Anything Else
Mar 26, 2013 at 3:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

BrentP

New Head-Fier
So I've recently gotten back into being picky about my audio. I, long ago in my teens, was into music production and had a pretty nice setup. Since then, almost 10 years ago, so much has changed in the field. I no longer mess with music, but I am big into gaming now. I've been using a set of PC360's for a few months and I'm impressed with the overall balance they have. I've recently ordered a Xonar Essence STX because I feel the onboard just doesn't cut it anymore.

Now, I'm wondering a few things. I split my time on the PC between gaming, music and Netflix by about 40/40/20. I want to have the best experience I can without breaking the bank because I'm about to upgrade to an additional GPU and add 2 more monitors(screens, not speakers) for surround gaming. Is sticking with the PC360/Essence combo good enough or will I benefit from upgrading my cans as well?

I tested a few of the more popular headsets for gaming and the 360's gave the best balanced performance. If there's a better option out there, I will definitely think about going with that and buying a clip-on Zalman or something.

Thanks guys and glad to be here.

Mar 26, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #2 of 8
You might love this thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-3-11-13-lcd2-entry-updated

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #4 of 8
Basically for my needs, I see the PC360's are the best option to keep for now. I may pick up another set of cans for movies/music later down the road. The Essence sound card should be here tomorrow, so can't wait to see what that sounds like.

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #5 of 8
I have the PC360 as well and to me it's the best headset available on the market right now. Still using it from time to time. It definitely is something you can be happy with gaming-wise - forever. 

Remember: you need adapters as the ST has the bigger 6,3mm (forgot the US term) connectors for the headphone output and microphone.

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #7 of 8
good one 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back