Senn MX400 $15 Canada Monday April 23
Apr 23, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #16 of 19
Actually... the definition of an IEM is an In Ear Monitor. A canalphone is.... just that, one that sits in the canal. I could be wrong here, but I'm under the impression that the difference is the fact that one sits in the canal, and one actually sits much deeper, in the ear.

Apr 23, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know what model the iriver sennbuds are?

I always thought the Iriver buds that I have is the MX300. *correction* So they are actually MX400, according to some MX300 and MX400 photos that I found on the net. If so, I'm surprised that the MX400 and MX500 are two VERY different phones!

Apr 23, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually... the definition of an IEM is an In Ear Monitor. A canalphone is.... just that, one that sits in the canal. I could be wrong here, but I'm under the impression that the difference is the fact that one sits in the canal, and one actually sits much deeper, in the ear.

I guess the YUIN with the custom ear molds is hte only exception to the rule then. Armatures are just a couple mm in diameter, so you can put the actual driver in your ear canal(with the foam extending further in). A canalphone sits on your ear and the tip goes only a mm or two inside the canal. So it would be very hard to get an IEM with dynamic driver because you need a tip for it that extends all teh way into the ear canal.

Apr 27, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #19 of 19
The sale is obviously long over, but I remember purchasing my own MX400s at Radioshack in Canada for $25 regular price over 4 years ago. There is some definite price gouging going on, especially given that the US/Canadian exchange rate has changed quite a bit since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back