Senn MX400 $15 Canada Monday April 23
Apr 23, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #3 of 19
Does anyone know what model the iriver sennbuds are?

Apr 23, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #4 of 19
i think u better buy a yuin pk3 rather than this..

Apr 23, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #5 of 19
Apparently these are the same as the earbuds that came with my iriver, and I would never spend $15 dollars on them, let alone $40.

Apr 23, 2007 at 7:23 AM Post #6 of 19
I got in on that one! Thanks OP, three in my shopping cart; one for each of my sisters and another for the cuz. What better way to get them started on the road to perpetual upgrades
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 23, 2007 at 7:31 AM Post #7 of 19
What!? 40$!!

These came with my Iriver 799ifp a long time ago and they're definately not worth more than 15$, the bass is pretty much non-existant.

I'm sorry but I don't understand why people are getting hyped over these.
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2007 at 7:51 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foshizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What!? 40$!!

These came with my Iriver 799ifp a long time ago and they're definately not worth more than 15$, the bass is pretty much non-existant.

I'm sorry but I don't understand why people are getting hyped over these.
biggrin.gif

There isn't any verifiable way to confirm the model of the senn 'phones that came with the ifpxxx models, but my brother has an ifp795 and the mx400, and he believes the stock 'phones are the lower model senns.

Apr 23, 2007 at 8:13 AM Post #9 of 19
They look identicle and some of the reviews ive read said that irivers come with mx400s. Besides, they are earbuds, they cant possibly sound good. Its a small dynamic driver, it just doesnt work. Either get something like the KSC75 or get IEMs. Otherwise these arent too much of an upgrade from ibuds.

Apr 23, 2007 at 9:07 AM Post #10 of 19
I can't imagine anyone would pay $40 for the MX400. I had a pair in my pre-head-fi days and used them for a few months (Before I knew better) . They are hard to drive, incredibly uncomfortable and best avoided altogether, even at thos price. They are an upgrade from typical bundled earbuds, but completely outclassed by a pair of marshmallows.

Simon

Apr 23, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #11 of 19
Ya, actually, they are very hard to drive. When I was a/bing them with my im716, my IEMs sounded louder at the same volume.

Apr 23, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Besides, they are earbuds, they cant possibly sound good. Its a small dynamic driver, it just doesnt work.

Apparently the rock you've been living under doesn't have an internet connection, or you would have read the rave reviews of the Yuin PK1, PK2, and now PK3 earbuds.
wink.gif
Turns out that they can, in fact, sound very good. I plan on getting in on the PK3 group buy myself if I can find out how much I need to pay.

As far as these MX400 go, if they sound much like my MX450 then I'd say that this is not a bad deal. I quite like my MX450. Of course, they're not a patch on my KSC-75, or even my E2c, but for a $17 pair or earbuds, they're pretty good. Of course, the two may sound completely different - I have no idea.

Apr 23, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #13 of 19
Ive never been able to get an earbud to fit in my ear, so I dont really look at earbud reviews. The YUIN sponsored thread calls them IEMs though, so i wasnt sure what they really were.

Apr 23, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #14 of 19
Just... don't make wild unfounded claims please. Especially since there are actually IEMs that use small dynamic drivers, and not just armatures.

Apr 23, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #15 of 19
Sorry, i should have done more research before posting. All i can say is that I was not impressed by the sound of my sennbuds.

And I thought that armatures was part of the definition of an IEM. Small Dynamic+isolation=canalphone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back