senn ie7 giving me grief!
Oct 1, 2011 at 4:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

akki007

100+ Head-Fier
The right can on my ie7 is a lot quieter than the left and as a result the whole sound stage has shifted left slightly, tried on numerous sources its certainly the cans. Has anyone come across this before? Any ideas for me? I'm out of warranty by 2 months by the way
!!

Oct 1, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #3 of 8
Oct 1, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #4 of 8
could it have gotten wet? the vent on the top of the buds means you were out in the rain or with the recent weather got really sweaty it could have dripped in. if so all you can do is wait till it dries out and see if that cures it. maybe stick it in a jar with packets of silica gel?

im just guessing btw

Nov 1, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #5 of 8
Hi still no joy. still right side very quiet left fine. what in general could cause this? Anyone know of any UK senn repair places?

Dec 18, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #6 of 8
for anyone interested, I've fixed them! You'll like this.... i sucked on the right can, like, sucked with my mouth!! And now the right can works! If only i hadn't just bought a pair of brainwavz m3's. Am hoping the m3's will better the ie7's?

Dec 18, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
for anyone interested, I've fixed them! You'll like this.... i sucked on the right can, like, sucked with my mouth!! And now the right can works! If only i hadn't just bought a pair of brainwavz m3's. Am hoping the m3's will better the ie7's?

Ah ,the dreaded driver flex strikes again ! ,that's the best way to free up the drivers on dymanic based phones when they stick.
popcorn.gif

Dec 18, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #8 of 8
Really?? That was a pretty random guess from me then! Glad my ie7s are back though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back