Senn HD650 Q's
Dec 2, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ARGH I paid £220 for them last week on play.com. Now I'm pissed.

You should just be happy to get a headphone that retails for £388 so cheaply.

Actually - play.com have it on the site now for £260 (£259.99 to be precise).

Dec 2, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm also think to move to an HD650 since some people review it as dark, warm and musical, and sound better than an HD25-1

The HD 650 is twice the price of the HD 25-1 and are totally different headphones.

I have both and use them for different applications.

Dec 2, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ARGH I paid £220 for them last week on play.com. Now I'm pissed.

I would send them back with some reason to get a refund and then re order them at the £179 if you got them only last week, hassle i know, but worth it to save some £'s.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by anoobis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I buy a reasonable amount of stuff from them, bought a couple of things over the weekend but no stinkin' email for me :frowning2:

I signed up for the weekly and daily deal emails which i got last year no prob and not a thing this year even after registering two different email addresses again this time round, still squat from them, something smells fishy there.
I just check on the site daily now to see what is hot and not.

I just hope they keep that price on the HD650's for a while, whilst i try and dig out all my loose change from the sofa's!
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #20 of 27
Doh! Did not see Mr. Willetts post on page two that indeed Play.com have now priced them at £260.

Wonder if it was a price error or just Play getting rid of old stock, maybe the older HD650 version?

Be saving those found pennies down the back of the sofa a little longer now, if the price is right
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
heard some user said that the "new" HD650 is brighter than the old one, don't know if its true cause I haven't tried it yet.

I'm also think to move to an HD650 since some people review it as dark, warm and musical, and sound better than an HD25-1

Warm and musical, yes. Particularly accurate, no.

Dec 3, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Warm and musical, yes. Particularly accurate, no.

Can you elaborate on the Particularly not accurate statement by any chance please?

Not sure if you mean the intruments are not portrayed accurately? or just the over all sound is not natuarally realsitic in it's reproduciton at all?
If that makes any sense!

I thought the ideology of the new HD650 would to improve on what they already had and not visa-versa.

Does that mean it is worth sourcing the older model 650's then?

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #23 of 27
I would say it's not critical enough to really be a "reference" headphone. It also lacks in bass detail. It's hard to tell the separation. Don't get me wrong. It's a great headphone. It's rich, full, and musical. It it's a serious step up from entry level audiophile headphones. However, if you're looking for more detail in a reference headphone, the K701's would fit the bill. I still love my HD650's.
smily_headphones1.gif
K701's will join soon as well.

Dec 3, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

I would say it's not critical enough to really be a "reference" headphone. It also lacks in bass detail. It's hard to tell the separation. Don't get me wrong. It's a great headphone. It's rich, full, and musical. It it's a serious step up from entry level audiophile headphones. However, if you're looking for more detail in a reference headphone, the K701's would fit the bill. I still love my HD650's.
smily_headphones1.gif
K701's will join soon as well.

Hi thanks for that, It did certainly sound rich and full for the quick ten minutes i listened to it whilst at the airport.

I was surprised the bass lacks detail with the HD650's.

I am the opposite then to you, i already have the K702's with a Double Helix cable which represents music in a very analytical way presenting the sound in a uncoloured delivery and even though it is not bass shy totally it does not have the deepest bass around, but the mids and highs and the nice wide open soundstage on the 702's are a joy.

I see the price on Play.com also is now back to the original £219, seems they cannot make up their mind what to price it at!

Dec 3, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #25 of 27
The best solution is the own both.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

The best solution is the own both.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes indeed!

That leads me to i am even considering shelving the 650's and getting the HD800's with a high end amp which would take me to second half of next year possibly if i have the £'s saved up! Would be long wait, but worth it i should imagine!

As to do this i would need a high quality amp, dac and to top it of modded cable's for them.

So am thinking that cost of those HD650's and sale of my current amp would be incorporated into the HD800's price instead.

Quite a big project to go straigt to the HD800's with the gear to run it, but i am thinking why keep flirting with £200-300 cans that all just sit collecting dust most of the time and just go for one pair of the top run cans and be done with.

That is once i get the JH13's of course as i am a iem junkie at heart also, and that is the cheaper option between the Hd800 + gear to run it at the moment.

Going to be a very expensive 2010!

I have a clear vision now and a goal, i am sure the HD650's sound great in their own right, but i have decided to go straight to the top of the tree!

Dec 4, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #27 of 27
I envy you. haha However, even if I got the HD800's, I would still keep my HD650's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back