Senn HD650 Q's
Nov 30, 2009 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

FortisFlyer75

1000+ Head-Fier
Firstly i have seen the HD650's going for £179 on a reputable site, should i bite my arm of to get it at this price or not, which makes me wonder if there is a new 650 model on the horizon at that price?

I currently have the AKG702's and have heard the HD650 briefly in a shop and they sounded straight away a more warmer full bodied sound to the 702's.

Was going to wait a while to get the HD650, but am just wandering if this is to good a deal to turn down?

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #3 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by P4Z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this from play.com? I got an email about a Monday sale.

Yes, i don't think it is in the Monday madness sale section, if it is then i only have seven minutes!

It seems a very good price to me for the HD650's...

Also there seems to be a new version with a silver grill, is there any thing else different besides this new version to the old?

Not sure which version Play would have if so?

Dec 1, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

I heard the new one is bright.

Has it been made much brighter to the old one or is it just slightly more brighter to the old one?
I have the K702's which are bright, and liked the typical HD650's sig when i briefly listened to them at the airport recently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is a good price, lowest I've seen in years, from a reliable retailer.

That is what is giving me itchy feet, as i was planning on getting these first/second Q of 2010, but at this price i don't know if i could wait, counting pennies up as i speak!

Just need to know about the new version to the old in more detail before i pull the trigger really.

I think i listened to the older version recently, so not sure how i would get on with the revised edition, albiet i would also upgrade cable at a later date as i have seen the benefit from having a Double Helix with my K702's.

Dec 1, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #7 of 27
I have the newer version and I don't feel they are bright...but maybe my tube amp has something to do with it.
I think that is a good deal...go for it.

Dec 1, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #8 of 27
TBH, I'd have bought them at that price if I could.
I got them to replace my £180 IE 8s, and feel I got a lot more (literally and musically) for my money.
If you like the HD650 better than your K702, and they're about £50 cheaper, it's a good deal for you, as well as anyone else.

Dec 1, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

I heard the new one is bright.

It's not bright by any means, just not as dark/veiled as the older one...more neutral actually, but still on the warm side.

Dec 1, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #10 of 27
I've never heard of any new HD650 owners describe them as particularly bright. Just warm, laid back, and musical. It's the same way I feel about them.

Dec 1, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #13 of 27
Poo! I feel like crying with them being this price at this time of year.

I might have to sell something on eBay to fund it, like my cats, er no maybe one of my kidney's or half my christmas present budget for people by half
evil_smiley.gif

Just wonder how long Play will keep it at this price?

I listen to my dads old HD650 Ovations which have a warm side and my IE8's which are slightly warm side of nuetral a little bit, and after hearing the HD650's in the airport i quite liked the deep richness i heard, which is a stark contrast to my AKG 702's which in comparison are quite bright to the 650's and are not to forgiving if the material not recorded well as it is a very analytical pair of can's.

I like my 702's in their own way still, the detail they can provide with top recordings can be a joy, but feel sometime's you need the other side of the coin with a nice comfy warm sound that is a bit more relaxed.

Actually, just one more Q to throw into mix, how are the equivalent cans of the 650's & 702's in the Grados? Just wandering what type of sound they give in comparison to the other two and if the Grados equivalent's are any better at all?
k701smile.gif

Dec 2, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #15 of 27
I buy a reasonable amount of stuff from them, bought a couple of things over the weekend but no stinkin' email for me :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back