Senn HD600 problem
Mar 21, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #2 of 13
sennheisers cable connections are, well, sensitive. Mini Plugs and Jacks. You can spread the jacks a little and maybe snug the connections. I replaced one of those cables after it had been run over by chair wheels about a thousand times. They're cheap relative to new headphones.

Mar 21, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #3 of 13
It could due to loose connection between the cable and the coil.  That happened to my HD650 where the coil had came off its housing causing sound to cut off occasionally.  

Mar 21, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #6 of 13

Quote:
So this is a cable issue? How do I take it out?

The cable literally just plugs into both ear cups. One red, one black. Just pull them out, they're literally two-prong plugs. Pull them using the butt (colored rubber part), not the wire. When you replace it, it's the same, just plug them in and push into place.

Very best,

Mar 22, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #9 of 13
It's often due to the connector inside the cup which the cable end plugs into. It seems to be a pretty common problem and there's a fix for it, but you have to open up the cups. There's a thread that describes this in detail, but I can't find it at the moment. I'm having the same problem on both sides and it's annoying to always have to jiggle the cable ends. If I can manage to sit still while listening it's fine, but if I want to move around a bit with the phones on, the sound goes out on one or both sides. I bought mine (hd580) second hand so they've got some years on them I think. They're the older 'black fabric' version

Mar 22, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #10 of 13

Quote:
It's often due to the connector inside the cup which the cable end plugs into. It seems to be a pretty common problem and there's a fix for it, but you have to open up the cups. There's a thread that describes this in detail, but I can't find it at the moment. I'm having the same problem on both sides and it's annoying to always have to jiggle the cable ends. If I can manage to sit still while listening it's fine, but if I want to move around a bit with the phones on, the sound goes out on one or both sides. I bought mine (hd580) second hand so they've got some years on them I think. They're the older 'black fabric' version

Yeah it's annoying.  I have to wiggle the cable everytime I switch between my computer and piano. Anyone know where I can find this thread that explains how to open it up and fix it?

Mar 24, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #12 of 13

X2
I saw that thread few months ago, but like an idiot, I never bookmarked it, since my problem was very minor at the time. It's a fairly common problem with these phones, so hopefully someone will have saved the link
Quote:
Yeah it's annoying.  I have to wiggle the cable everytime I switch between my computer and piano. Anyone know where I can find this thread that explains how to open it up and fix it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back