Senn HD555 -> Best way to connect to Xbox 360?
Sep 27, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kILLDR3n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you ever have problems with HDMI? I mean not quality wise or anything. Whenever I switch TV modes or turn off my TV while the 360 is still running it will reset when I turn the TV back on, only when I use HDMI. I think its a sacrifice for using this mod.

ive heard about that happening on another forum, but i have no experience with it.

i use HDMI only and only know about the mod.

sorry.

Sep 27, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #18 of 20
So there isn't a software solution to do:

Dolby 5.1 / Digital Audio IN -> Macbook Pro (Software) -> Stereo 2.0 Analog OUT

? I'm looking for a cheap solution that doesn't involve buying $150 hardware...

Sep 27, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by dshankar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In order to connect my HD555 to my Xbox 360, should I just get an RCA->3.5mm stereo adaptor? Can I get better quality with a DAC or Amp or something?

I've been using the HD555 with my Macbook Pro for a year or two now and I love em' - I'm now looking to hook it up to my Xbox and I'm trying to find the way that provides the highest quality.

Thanks

Hooking them straight to your TV is one of the worst connections you can get. Get a good 80-100 amp/dac combo, & you will be rewarded with a smoother, cleaner, quiter, more detailed sound. Analog will always induce more distortion then digital.. & The 360 was made for digital in mind. You will notice a nice improvement. Check my blog on amp/DAC combo's on teamxbox.. I listed 28 or so, ranging from 50-1,600..

Sep 27, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hooking them straight to your TV is one of the worst connections you can get. Get a good 80-100 amp/dac combo, & you will be rewarded with a smoother, cleaner, quiter, more detailed sound. Analog will always induce more distortion then digital.. & The 360 was made for digital in mind. You will notice a nice improvement. Check my blog on amp/DAC combo's on teamxbox.. I listed 28 or so, ranging from 50-1,600..

So you're suggesting 360 -> Amp/Dac combo -> HD555?
Which can also be used as Macbook Pro -> Amp/Dac -> HD555?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back