1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Senn HD555 -> Best way to connect to Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by dshankar, Sep 27, 2009.
Next

Last
  1. dshankar
    In order to connect my HD555 to my Xbox 360, should I just get an RCA->3.5mm stereo adaptor? Can I get better quality with a DAC or Amp or something?

I've been using the HD555 with my Macbook Pro for a year or two now and I love em' - I'm now looking to hook it up to my Xbox and I'm trying to find the way that provides the highest quality.

Thanks

2. chud
    Headphone jack on your TV?

3. dshankar
    I'm hooking up an Xbox to a PC monitor via HDMI->DVI (video only). Therefore, Xbox audio output is via RCA->3.5mm adaptor->HD555, or Optical->???->HD555.

Any comments on the Astro Mixamp? Anything cheaper in the $60-80 range?

4. dshankar
    No suggestions? No one even supporting the Astro Mixamp? :/ Help..

5. pwnRhasta
    If you were to connect it through rca->3.5mm, how would you control the volume.

Get an amp.
    [​IMG]

6. csommers
    Yea there would be no way to control volume. The way I do it is via my laptop(MBP). I take RCA out of the 360, into the laptop, and out via my headphones or my amp.

Get an app called LineIn, it will allow you to do that.

7. dshankar
    Is there a way to do (Xbox 360 Optical OUT) -> (Optical IN on Macbook Pro) -> (Optical OUT on Macbook Pro, Dolby 5.1 Surround->Stereo) -> (3.5mm Stereo Headphones) ?

8. dshankar
    I guess my question is whether there is software that will do Digital (via Optical In) to Analog conversion in real time?

9. kILLDR3n
    Astro Mixamp definitely..........

I have it. Games aren't good in stereo by themselves.

10. kILLDR3n
    Optical> Mixamp> HD 555...are you aware of the mod to the VGA end of the component cable so you can use HDMI and optical at the same time?

11. dshankar
    No I don't know about that mod. Care to enlighten me?

12. chud
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dshankar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    No I don't know about that mod. Care to enlighten me?

you remove the plastic casing around the cables that go into the back of the seXbox so that there is then room for the component cables and an HDMI cable to be plugged in at the same time.

13. dshankar
    So that would allow me to do:
    HDMI -> DVI (Monitor)
    Fat component set of cables -> Optical Out -> Mixamp/Macbook Pro -> Headphones

?

14. kILLDR3n
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    you remove the plastic casing around the cables that go into the back of the seXbox so that there is then room for the component cables and an HDMI cable to be plugged in at the same time.

do you ever have problems with HDMI? I mean not quality wise or anything. Whenever I switch TV modes or turn off my TV while the 360 is still running it will reset when I turn the TV back on, only when I use HDMI. I think its a sacrifice for using this mod.

15. dshankar
Next

Last