Senn HD-650 amp question
May 8, 2014 at 9:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

buddymydog

New Head-Fier
So I won a Senn HD-650 on Ebay.....woot woot

I've been curious about hearing one for about a year and I keep coming back to it so I pulled the trigger and hopefully its a great deal at $305. 
My question is, I am planning on buying a Little Dot MKii headphone amp, and I am using a Sansa Fuze.   Will the sansa be ok with the amp?  Do I need a particular cable to attach my Sansa to the amp?  Do the tubes usually come with the amp?    I'm a newb so pardon my newbness, and I appreciate any advice from you awesome audio ninja warrior veterans.

May 8, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #2 of 2
  So I won a Senn HD-650 on Ebay.....woot woot

I've been curious about hearing one for about a year and I keep coming back to it so I pulled the trigger and hopefully its a great deal at $305. 
My question is, I am planning on buying a Little Dot MKii headphone amp, and I am using a Sansa Fuze.   Will the sansa be ok with the amp?  Do I need a particular cable to attach my Sansa to the amp?  Do the tubes usually come with the amp?    I'm a newb so pardon my newbness, and I appreciate any advice from you awesome audio ninja warrior veterans.

The Fuze I think has a dock line out, so it should be good enough; not a real DAC chip with a real output stage, but it shouldn't be bad on its own.

The Little Dot MkII however I found to be too warm on my HD600. Brandnew pads and it isn't too bad; put enough wear on them and the sound gets too dark, and with more wear, bloated bass and sharp treble. It's the same pattern with any amp, however with the LD MkII which I suppose starts out on the warm side just gets too warm faster with earpad wear.

Why not try the Meier Corda Rock, or the Schiit Magni?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back