Senn HD 600 PORTABILITY
Jan 14, 2003 at 12:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tigger

500+ Head-Fier
I'm frustrated by the lack of portability of my HD 600's, and also by the somewhat bloated bass and lack of dynamics. It seems a single headphone can't provide all the answers and to this end I've tried;
Grado SR 60-too thin sounding
Grado SR125-better but not by much
Grado SR225-best of the Grado's Ive heard but too aggressive
Grado SR325-very disappointing, sounds honky to me
Koss Porta Pro-not in the same league

None of the above are suitable, so here is my latest idea.

Sell the HD600's and purchase AKG K501 for home use and Sennheiser PX100 for portable use. This will avoid too much extra expense and hopefully cover all the bases.
I use a PCDP and Gundig portable AM/FM/SW radio with Porta Corda amp.
I will not be changing the amp or sources.
Any thoughts?

Jan 14, 2003 at 12:36 PM Post #2 of 5
You will not have bloated bass with the K 501.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 14, 2003 at 6:28 PM Post #3 of 5
Try removing the foam pads from the HD600s' earcups. They are replaceable, so this should not be a problem, but be careful anyway. Listen again and check whether the bass is still as bloated.

Jan 16, 2003 at 2:36 AM Post #4 of 5
The HD600 could be anything but bass bloated, or dynamics lack, it could be a little veiled or laid back, but not to that point you noticed, if you feel the grados aggresive is very strange that you do not like the sennheiser sound, it is more neutral and natural, something has to be wrong on that setup, or in the headphone itself, it looks to me like a bad impedance match for any reason, the HD600 tends to sound like that when is not paired at the right impedance....

Jan 16, 2003 at 2:51 AM Post #5 of 5
tigger
HI: I have not found a better portable hearphone than the Eggo D66 and they also sound good at home. They sound almost like full size cans and fold up to the size of your hand. The first post on this page is my review on them at the top.
PS
One day at a time
Its the first drink that gets you drunk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back