Senn HD 595s will they suit me?????
Nov 7, 2005 at 6:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

SlackerClerk107

Head-Fier
I'm looking for my first pair of good headphones and the HD 595s have peaked my interest. I'm going to be listening to all types of music, from rap to metal, and even some classical thrown in for good measure. I'd also like to use the phones to listen to while gaming. Can I expect a good balance of bass and highs from these? And most importantly, will they completely knock my socks off compared to my $20 Sony's?
eggosmile.gif

Nov 7, 2005 at 6:39 AM Post #2 of 17
haha 20$ sony's.. they will knock more then your socks off :p

Nov 7, 2005 at 6:41 AM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by aZn_plyR
haha 20$ sony's.. they will knock more then your socks off :p

Hahaha that last sentence was thrown in as a little joke.
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2005 at 7:55 AM Post #4 of 17
Lets name it: the HD 595s will pull you pants down in comparision.
icon10.gif
They are really well balanced across the whole spectrum, having tight and well controlled bass. The sound is quite forward, so metal also sounds very good (it's what I mostly listen to). They surely are some of the best allround cans available. Oh yes, and gaming works like a charm with them. I really enjoy Creative's CMSS-3D with them.

Nov 7, 2005 at 8:24 AM Post #5 of 17
HD595 is best allarounder I've heard this far. I've heard no other headphones which would perform every music genre so equally well.

Nov 7, 2005 at 9:55 AM Post #6 of 17
I have the 595's and they are great. First pair of phones I had bought after only using free/cheap ones. Excellent for all types of music, although I think they are especially good for movies, and work great with Dolby Headphone.

Nov 7, 2005 at 6:15 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
HD595 is best allarounder I've heard this far. I've heard no other headphones which would perform every music genre so equally well.

you need to audition the Grado HP-2s
wink.gif

Nov 7, 2005 at 6:41 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
you need to audition the Grado HP-2s
wink.gif

With pleasure. Could you ship me yours?
wink.gif

Nov 8, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #14 of 17
I have the 595s and really like them. I have the 50 ohm version since I have no amp. My integrated PC sound drives them louder than they need to go. They are wonderful for music and excellent for gaming. I play a lot of America's Army with them (FPS). You can hear doors opening from across the map. Good headphones give such a great edge for online FPS. Also, comfort is a must and you forget you are even wearing these.

Nov 8, 2005 at 2:28 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
sure, i require a kidney as a deposit, however
very_evil_smiley.gif

Do you care who owns the kidney?
wink.gif

Do you have any qualifications upon which species it comes from?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back